Sad day for music - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Sad day for music

My son and his buddies all come over to the house and play Rockband, with each of them playing a different instrument and one of the guys singing.

Well, it seemed that they may have broken up. It was all over artistic differences. One of them felt that they should be a versatile band and play differnt styles of music.
The drummer said he wasn't gonna play anything but prog like Dragonforce, or Dream Theater.

The singer then said that prog singers all have high pitched vocals and it wasn't his style.
The guitar player wants to play punk because he can't play all of the crazy ass notes and he doesn't practice because he is addicted to fruit rollups.

The bass player just sits and watches it all unfold and never says a word, kinda like John Myung.

Well, I'm sick of all the crap, so now I have started a new game called "Mutt Lange".
At the end of each of their sessions, I give them a bill for all of the food they have eaten.
And a fee for making noise that interupts football season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Re: Sad day for music

This is truly sad news. I have followed you guys from day one and have all your albums.
Guess I'll have to wait and see if there will be a reunion tour.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
This is truly sad news. I have followed you guys from day one and have all your albums.
Guess I'll have to wait and see if there will be a reunion tour.
I am trying to be a good producer, and will tell my son that maybe they need a to find a new place to practice. I think a venue change could be what they need. Sometimes certain studios have bad mojo.

I have refered them to one of the other kids dads. But he says he just can't take on the workload at this time because his daughters, Nintendo Wi tennis team practices at his place.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Maybe you've gone about this the wrong way, how about the kids come over to play normal video games, and then hire in "session-children" to play Rockband to a higher standard,

Then your kid and his buddies pretend they came over and played Rockband when anyone asks
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Maybe you've gone about this the wrong way, how about the kids come over to play normal video games, and then hire in "session-children" to play Rockband to a higher standard,

Then your kid and his buddies pretend they came over and played Rockband when anyone asks

DUDE!!!!!!

That is genius. Those session kids could be out of here in no time at all.
And I could just give them some of those juice boxes and chips.

My son and his buddies could get the points and not have to bug me all day.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 PM

i saw you find them a tour manager and let them work all there problems out on the road.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 02:30 PM

Reviews: 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM

this thread is awesome!!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
My son and his buddies all come over to the house and play Rockband, with each of them playing a different instrument and one of the guys singing.

Well, it seemed that they may have broken up. It was all over artistic differences. One of them felt that they should be a versatile band and play differnt styles of music.
The drummer said he wasn't gonna play anything but prog like Dragonforce, or Dream Theater.

The singer then said that prog singers all have high pitched vocals and it wasn't his style.
The guitar player wants to play punk because he can't play all of the crazy ass notes and he doesn't practice because he is addicted to fruit rollups.

The bass player just sits and watches it all unfold and never says a word, kinda like John Myung.

Well, I'm sick of all the crap, so now I have started a new game called "Mutt Lange".
At the end of each of their sessions, I give them a bill for all of the food they have eaten.
And a fee for making noise that interupts football season.
thats rock n roll
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 AM

Phil Towle is supposedly available for counselling sessions. Expensive, but worth it - if you record every moment, you may even get your money back from the theatrical release.

All the best to those young tearaways \m/
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:22 AM

Dang, I thought these guys really had a chance. I was hoping for at least an acoustic album before the end...
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 AM
MFB

Gilky, if GnR can come back these guys definetly can
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 AM

Ahhh, one original member does a reunion not make...
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 AM

I was also hoping for an unplugged performance before this happened, but it sounds like the drummer is too much of a primadonna. What a waste.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 AM

there goes my chance for opening gig... I agree its the drummers fault it, its always the drummers fault ::P:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode