Sad sad day for Ibanezcollector, My dog is deathly ill not good - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Sad sad day for Ibanezcollector, My dog is deathly ill not good

Well my dog has had sinus problems in the past, and its got pretty bad over the last couple months. I took her in last week for a biopsy on what the doctor thought would be a possible tumor(inherit in the breed, shes a boxer). And today they said shes got about 6 months to live if that, the tumor is cancerous(sp) and also they said its spread to her liver.

Shes been like a child to me and im heartbroken, I love her so much.. The thought of her no being here is to much to take.

I know some of you might think shes just a dog, but to me she was my best friend, I dont have many friends in this world and all I have really is my dogs and this hobby which I devote my life to.

I just dont know what to do... Sorry for rambling but I have to let what I feel out to hopefully someone who understands...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM

Re: Sad sad day for Ibanezcollector, My dog is deathly ill not good

Sorry man,
losing a pet that's been with you a long time is always rough.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:25 PM

Oh I.C. !!

I'm sorry man! I can totally relate!!

I lost both my long time cats (17 & 11 years, my best friends) earlier this year

There's a special bond we seem to get with our animals, unlike the bond we have with other humans.

Try to enjoy the time you have left with her.

Were here for you bro
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM

Reviews: 3

Losing a pet that you've been very close too is a very difficult time. I completely understand how you're feeling. I've been there too. Just spend as much time as you can making more great memories. Remember that if she's senses you're upset, it will upset her too. We're here for ya man.

And for those that don't understand, my grandma always told me that she cried harder when she lost her first pet dog then she did when her mother died! The constant, unconditional love that you get from a dog is nothing that you could ever get from another person.

Josh
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM

I'm so sorry!!!

That's horrible!

Are you going to put her down so she doesn't suffer? So you KNOW when it will happen? Wouldn't that make you feel better? We had to do that once with a dog we had. It's horrible and you cry so much that you create Niagra Falls number TWO....

But would that ease your pain to know that she's not suffering? Plus.. You'd be able to say goodbye.

I know you don't want to think about it RIGHT now, but just... give it some thought.

We're here for ya!

~ Katrina
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 PM

I feel for you. I have a close cousin who went through this a few years ago with his dog. I don't want to sound like a jackass for saying this, but the last thing you want, is to have it go through extreme suffering. My cousin decided not to put his dog down, and let the cancer take its full course. As a result, the amount of suffering that I witnessed during its final weeks was too unbearable watch.

My advice is to spend as much time as possible with it, (e.g. using up your vacation days, not going out on weekends) and then decide when the time is right to do the humane thing. I like pets more than people, so my advice and experience is not half-hearted.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Sorry to hear that, but My friend had a boxer mix and a similar problem, but surgery fixed it perfectly.

With situations like this, you seriously might want to consult with several vets.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear that IC
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Vendor

Knowing that you had to make the toughest decision of all hurts about as much as their passing. I don't envy you having to choose the time, but most of us have been through it. I haven't had a pet since I burried my best friend 10 years ago. Best wishes to you.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:11 PM

Sorry to hear that IC, I've lost several close pets over the years, it's a very hard thing to go through....our prayers are with ya bro...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 PM

Sorry to hear bro. My prayers to the dog.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
rya

Sorry to hear that your pet isn't doing so well. My cousin's dog just passed.. wish the best of luck
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Sorry to hear this, man. That is very sad, I lost a dog that lived to be 18 years old and I was crushed, pets are like family members I always thought, they are really great. I hope things will look better for your dog soon.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 PM

Hate to hear man, I totally understand how your feeling. I am very close with my pets too and I hate it when theres something wrong with them or their really sick. I hope things things get better. I'll keep you two in my prayers.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM

hope ur dog gets better, dogs become part of the family and when they get sick it always is really sad. best wishes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode