SEARS sucks! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

SEARS sucks!

So I buy a supposedly high-end fridge from these guys 8 months ago. List price is like $3500. GE Profile series...

First week I have it, it breaks. A month later, it breaks again. Two months later, it breaks again.

Following me? Well, apparently Sears Customer Service isn't.

Well guess what, it breaks again. This is 4 times in 8 months. WTF?!?

We are talking about the exact same issue. It just completely quits cooling.

I'm pretty pissed (obviously) and I am getting the major run-around from their managers, their supposed "One Source" customer service, and it seems that every department I deal with has some loophole that leaves me hanging.

I'm basically stuck with a service call, and if nothing happens for 90 days after that, I'm out a fridge, because my warranty runs out.

It is pretty obvious that I have a defective refrigerator, and they have 3 more months and then they are off the hook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Vendor

Re: SEARS sucks!

Quit dealing with Sears and call GE customer service.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Quit dealing with Sears and call GE customer service.
Believe me, tried that. Probably one of the rudest people I've talked to. Apparently they have a lot of recalls and issues with retro-fitting new equipment because of known issues, and the last thing they wanna do is add to it.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: SEARS sucks!

I bought the Kenmore HE washer and dryer, from Sears a year ago with extended warranty. Right after getting it I had a slight problem with it. Very expensive stuff. Sears gave me the run around for 3-4 days I got out of the extended warranty, called a guy out, $30.00 later we haven't had a problem since. Similar extended warranty stuff has happened with 2 of our cars and a dishwasher...Long story short we never do extended warranty anymore. the warranty for these companies are like those given by guitar manufacturers...mostly useless. I feel your pain, man good luck!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 AM

Simple...

Return it.

Go somewhere else.

I no longer have any patience for such lack of service and respect.

There is an issue, they cannot (or won't) solve it, I'll solve it for them:
Take it back, I'm going elsewhere.

Raise holy h*ll if you have to.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Check with the FL Attorney General's office about your states "Lemon Laws".

In some jurisdictions, after 4 breakdown service calls, it's declared a lemon and the dealer has to replace the appliance. It works the same way with cars.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAI6 View Post
Simple...

Return it.

Go somewhere else.
I wish I could, but the problem is they won't let me return it, they are basically saying I am stuck with a broken item.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

In some jurisdictions, after 4 breakdown service calls, it's declared a lemon and the dealer has to replace the appliance. It works the same way with cars.
The lemon law applies here, but the loophole they are using here is that it's been over 90 days since the last service call.

I can't believe how much bs they are giving me.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Reviews: 16

I'd still take it back. And raise hell when you get there. Get a manager and let them know that you aren't leaving until the problem is rectified - refund or new fridge.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
I wish I could, but the problem is they won't let me return it, they are basically saying I am stuck with a broken item.
Have you truly raised holy h*ll?

I had an experience with "The Great Indoors" last year.
For those that don't know it, it's a fairly "upscale" place for home items, ranging from bedding to appliances and outdoor furniture and such.
Well, we had purchased some new patio furniture from them, including some nice wooden sun chairs with ottomans.

The delivery people never showed up on the day of delivery. That was a whole day wasted...
I did manage to re-schedule delivery for the next day, though.
The items arrive, and the patio table is crooked and the ottomans don't match the chairs. Of course, I don't find this out until after they have left.
So I call up the store. They tell me I got the last of everything, so they have to order new items, and it will take a few weeks.
We schedule them to come and pick up the faulty items, but they never show up. These people are starting to p*ss me off...

While I contemplate my options, I find out that the ottomans and sun chairs are a discontinued item, and there is no way of getting a matching set. This is really starting to p*ss me off...
We decide to look around at some other places to see what else is out there.
Sears happened to be one of the places we stopped by.
Turns out, they have the same patio set that we had just purchased from the other store, at a lower price. What's even better, is that I now find out that Sears owns The Great Indoors!

I call up the store again, and tell them that I have made my decision, and that they can come and pick everything up. They tell me they cannot do that. The holy h*ll part now kicks in...
I get a manager on the phone, who is a little more helpful, but not by much.
He tells me that they'll let me know (sooner or later) what they will be able to do.

That afternoon, tired of all the bullsh*t, I packed everything up, drove over to the store, dumped everything at the Customer Pick-up area, walked in and said "Give me my money back!"
20 minutes later I was driving home with my cash in my pocket...

A friend of mine just got a washer/dryer combo from Sears, and that arrived damaged. They sent out a replacement, which was broken. They sent out a repair guy, who kind of fixed it, but now something else wasn't working. He finally got it resolved, but it took over a month.
He also had to deal with people being scheduled to show up, but never did...
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Man, I really wish it were that easy.

Every manager I talk to in person agrees that I should have it replaced, and under the "old" customer service ways, it would have.

Now their customer service is outsourced to a group called "One Source", and you have to communicate with them for hours over the phone. Apparently the hands of the managers are tied, and you have only the option of dealing with "One Source" and they have a special manual that tells them what to say to your particular problem that lets them off the hook.

I'm not going to even go there with talking to GE. They take no responsibility for anything whatsoever.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Reviews: 3

Rent a truck if you dont have one for $50 from Home Depot. Load it into the truck, drive it bac to the store. Wheel it right into the appliance department and ask to return it. F the say no, talk to the store manager. If they wont, ask for the district manager. "No" is not an acceptable answer, and once you realize that, your problems will be solved. When dealing with retailers, the customer is still always right, you just have to stand up to the store.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Reviews: 16

If you go in there while customers are there they will want to fix your problem immediately. The longer customers see you there unhappy the more they are likely to leave.

The fact still remains that it's under warranty, you bought it from Sears and they owe you a fix or a new fridge. That's the bottom line. And while you're in there tell them that if you don't walk out of the store satisfied (refund or new fridge) you're going to contact your local news station and have them do a story on it. Then ask them if they want themselves and their store to be on the 6 pm local news and in the newspaper. I guarantee you that you will be walking out of that store satisfied.

It's happened to me before with a few stores. You just have to stand up.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post
You just have to stand up.
A1 to that. The whole system is designed to wear you down so you'll eventually give up and they won't owe you anything. Don't give up!

Call them everyday, every hour if you have to. Take the representatives name, note the time, let them know your doing this, harrass them, break them down, don't let them break you down.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Reviews: 18

Jax, did you by any chance buy an extended warranty? If so, those warranty programs explicitly state that they'll replace the item after 3 attempts have been made to fix the same problem. Take the fridge back to the store and raise some hell man.

Let us know what happens

Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

wahwah sucks tone where effect chain

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode