Shipping Issue - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Shipping Issue

Wanting some thoughts on my next move.

I ordered a JS2000 from GC Phoenix. Everything was fine, tracking said it was going to be delivered on the 18th, everything was how it should be then the package got it's arrival scan into Indy at 12pm on the 17th but did not get a destination scan until 8am the next day, the 18th. At that point, the delivery approximation went from 6/18 to basically "unknown"

I then called UPS on it and asked about it, she hemmed-hawed around for a moment and then said it would be delivered on the 18th which it was...to the GC Distribution Center here in Indy which is 10 miles away from my workplace where it was supposed to be delivered.

I got on the phone with GC on the 18th and they said they did not know what had happened and it would take some time to find it in the DC.

At this point my thoughts aren't good.

Where did it go for 20 hours?

Why did the delivery approximation change?

How did it end up at the GC Distribution Center (my guess is that the box the guitar was shipped in came to GC Phoenix through the DC originally)

Why couldn't I have picked it up from the DC, which I offered to do?

Where is it?

What has happened to it?

Ive got a bad feeling about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 10:06 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Shipping Issue

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I would be on the phone incessantly with the GC Phoenix area manager. Have you found anyone you can pester at the DC? I've had a couple guitars get "lost" in shipping only to have them appear safe and sound a few days later. I'm sure yours will too.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:14 PM

Or someone ran over it with a fork lift and they are desperately trying to patch it up with wood glue and auto paint before you find out?
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Or someone ran over it with a fork lift and they are desperately trying to patch it up with wood glue and auto paint before you find out?
Thanks Ryc!!! Hope thats how it turns out.

To be honest Dave, because of the change in the delivery date and other circumstances, thats what I'm thinking. Something happened. Just not sure what.

Edited: sounded like a I had a tin hat on.

I have probably been too nice up to this point.

Jeff

Last edited by satchmo72; 06-26-2015 at 02:13 PM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 09:14 PM

What's UPS saying about all this? They're the ones responsible here.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thats the problem, I don't know that they are. I still have yet to hear why t was shipped to the Brownsburg GC DC. It MAY be possible that the box was labeled as the GC DC since the lady at UPS gave me the DC's address when I asked where it was delivered to.

It could be that the Phoenix store addressed it there but they have no clue if they did or not. I have not talked directly to the store, GC customer service did but that call WILL be made. I have been dealing primarily with customer service to this point.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 12:45 AM

i work at guitar center and can say that some of the other stores have their head up their asses. It is important to note that not every guitar center is equal.

That said if you don't get the guitar you will get your money back in full. Guitar center will fight it out with UPS.

It does sound like it was inadvertently labeled to go to the DC. The store's operations manager will be able to tell you how it was addressed. It should be his or the customer service manager's responsibility to track the package down and get in contact with the DC and get it re-routed to your local store.

Stuff happens, I know that isn't an excuse but know either way you'll get your guitar or your money back. When you get it check it out at the store, have them open the box and make sure it is in the condition it was described. If you are not satisfied they can issue you a return at that store, you wont have to send it back and wait for a refund.

I hope it works out for you, if there is anything else you can PM me and i'll try and get information for you or do whatever I can.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man, I'm hoping that it won't end bad.

I will get in contact with the store today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
i work at guitar center and can say that some of the other stores have their head up their asses. It is important to note that not every guitar center is equal.

That said if you don't get the guitar you will get your money back in full. Guitar center will fight it out with UPS.

It does sound like it was inadvertently labeled to go to the DC. The store's operations manager will be able to tell you how it was addressed. It should be his or the customer service manager's responsibility to track the package down and get in contact with the DC and get it re-routed to your local store.

Stuff happens, I know that isn't an excuse but know either way you'll get your guitar or your money back. When you get it check it out at the store, have them open the box and make sure it is in the condition it was described. If you are not satisfied they can issue you a return at that store, you wont have to send it back and wait for a refund.

I hope it works out for you, if there is anything else you can PM me and i'll try and get information for you or do whatever I can.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

They think that the guitar may have been returned to sender since the label cannot be used twice.

It's officially in "unknown whereabouts" status as the DC said they shipped it Monday, I still do not have it as of Wed and the Phoenix store may get it back tomorrow if it is coming back to them.

I'm kind of Mehhhh about it all at this point.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

The whole buying from internet thingy is getting worse and worse. I would never buy online again if those local sellers didn't suck so much.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
They think that the guitar may have been returned to sender since the label cannot be used twice.

It's officially in "unknown whereabouts" status as the DC said they shipped it Monday, I still do not have it as of Wed and the Phoenix store may get it back tomorrow if it is coming back to them.

I'm kind of Mehhhh about it all at this point.
I don't blame you... It's not like you bought a used Squire strat that is floating around in la la land... It's a freakin' JS2000! Not to be toyed with and "lost"!! Have they no respect fine instruments?

Wishing you the best of luck on this deal, whether you tell them to forget it or it shows up in perfect condition.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 01:51 PM

Just keep calling and bugging them - ask to speak with a manager at UPS, if you make noise they will try to resolve it. You can also call GC and speak with the manager and he will try to track it down.

Good luck,
Will
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully it comes back into the Phoenix store today on their UPS, considering the DC said they shipped it Monday.

If it never shows up anywhere, I am not sure what to do since the DC cannot provide a tracking number. UPS will say it was delivered. The Phoenix store and GC.com has been good through all of this, their hands are tied also.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 03:09 AM

So??

No news as of yet? Now I AM getting worried for you dude. If nobody is willing to take responsibility- who's going to give you a refund if necessary??

BTW... tried calling you today.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

SOOOOOO

The guitar has basically disappeared. The DC said they sent it out on the same tracking number as a "Return to Sender", UPS shows zero movement on that number since it was delivered. The Phonix store has not received it back which has been over a week now so if the DC said they shipped it last Monday, it would be there by now. The DC has not been able to give any other tracking number.

I am pretty sure at this point that the store is going to credit the whole purchase and I am not sure that I want to push the issue any further. Cut my losses.

My other thought is that I am having trouble not putting this on the DC. I am not sure they ever sent it back out and kind of consider this theft. If the DC cannot prove they ever shipped it back out, they still have it in my mind.

Dunno, like I said, may just bail. This started on the 11th.

Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode