Single channel ram versus Dual channel ram results. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Single channel ram versus Dual channel ram results.

Well heres the deal. 2 gigs or ram running in dual channel mode makes my Vista 64bit system run twice as fast as 2 gigs in single channel mode. Program startup and Windows startup and shutdown and twice as fast easily.

I haven't tried 2 gigs in dual channel mode vs 3.5 gigs in single channel mode as per my original post yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
ME.

Re: Single channel ram versus Dual channel ram results.

Yes......

But I thought nobody used single channel DDR anymore. New systems are always fitted with Dual DDR, at least every system I've seen for the last couple of years.

Colin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm talking about ddr2 in dual channel mode versus single channel mode. Not DDR vs DDR2.

Is that what you meant?

And yes it's quite possible that I'm a little bheind the times on this. I used to really be into computers but now I have no idea whats current.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
ME.

No that's not what I meant.

I meant single DDR vs. dual DDR,

or for that matter,

single DDR2 vs. dual DDR2.

All new pc's will have dual DDR (2) except maybe some really low budget ones.

But you're absolutely right, they are much faster that way.

Colin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode