Skaters and Cops - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Skaters and Cops

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...-arkansas.html

I've heard that these kids provoked the officer and other people around them but I don't think that constitutes the type and amount of force he used.

Discuss.

(I'm sorry if this has already been posted, please fell free to delete this if it has Mods)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Re: Skaters and Cops

Bad link?
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Bad link?
no it works, they probably did something to piss him off but the people trying to leave and even the people standing around got arrested, I don't understand that, I don't see how something can be resisting arrest if you aren't getting arrested in the first place or if you are standing there...
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Bad link?
Watch these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKb2PQs4kc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6z0dQ_-pg

And read this.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/stor...b-7619373faeaa
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Reviews: 10
Angry Re: Skaters and Cops

That was extremely abusive!!! it really mede me mad to see how he had the teenage girl in a headlock...!!! what the heck is wrong with that cop???
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM

man if a cop did that to me I'd probably get life in jail for F$%king him up I'd also call him a fatty rofl
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 AM

and in the meanwhile there was probably somebody raping or killing around the corner...
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM

If you listen carefully at the beginning, the cop is pretty clear. They are riding their skateboards where they are not allowed to and he told them to stop. The kid the cop singles out told everyone to keep going and try to outrun the cops. They didn't succeed. The cop clearly tells the first kid he is being arrested because when he told them to stop the kid told everyone to try to outrun them which is resisting arrest. He is clear that they are being arrested for resisting arrest by trying to outrun them after he told them to stop. If they would have just stopped the cop probably would have just told them they were not allowed to ride their and at the very worst issued them a minor ticket. But they chose to try to outrun the cops. That's what all this is about. Practically every city has built skate parks to accomodate these guys, but they insist on riding down the sidewalk where people are shopping and trying to conduct business. I have no sympathy for the idiots. They should have just stopped. But that would not be 'cool', would it?
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Eco

Good im glad. I've seen skaters and Chavs here in the UK push cops because they know how far they can go.

These idiots pushed too far and started running away when he told them to stop, now im not sure how cops operate over there, but in the UK if u dont stop when they say, they're well within their rights to catch you and wrestle you down like that.

I bet its the last time any of them smart arses ever messes about with a cop again.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM

That was nothing. Those kids should have respected his authoritey!
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 AM

I just love the mentality of youth today. "Ahhh we're only riding skateboards down the street" Like they don't know there's a law against it. I'll bet there were signs stating that even. So they figure "let's challenge authority"? And as usual when they get into trouble they whine like little girls.

Sorry Olie but I disagree.... he used the force necessary to stop someone (male or female) from leaving once they had been told to stop! She got what she deserved.
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:11 AM

He should've brought out the tazer
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 AM

post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
He should've brought out the tazer
rofl this is why I can't be a cop.... I'd be tazer happy
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Skaters and Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
I just love the mentality of youth today. "Ahhh we're only riding skateboards down the street" Like they don't know there's a law against it. I'll bet there were signs stating that even. So they figure "let's challenge authority"? And as usual when they get into trouble they whine like little girls.

Sorry Olie but I disagree.... he used the force necessary to stop someone (male or female) from leaving once they had been told to stop! She got what she deserved.
After reading some of your posts I think you guys are right. Youth today like to challenge authority and since they video taped the whole thing it seems like they planned it. Still, I feel the cop was too rough on the kids, specially, the young girl.

Tags
maple fret , maple fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode