Skip Caray - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Skip Caray

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard the news by now, sad times in Atlanta. I was born in 1978, and Skip has been broadcasting Brave's games since 1976, so I haven't known the Braves without him. It's silly I guess, but it seems a bit of my childhood died along with Skip. That nasal voice has been in the background in my house for 30 years, from the day I came home from the hospital until just last week. RIP Skip.

"A lotta room in right-center, if he hits one there we can dance in the streets. The 2-1. Swung, line drive left field! One run is in! Here comes Bream! Here's the throw to the plate! He is...safe! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win!...Braves win! They may have to hospitalize Sid Bream; he's down at the bottom of a huge pile at the plate. They help him to his feet. Frank Cabrera got the game winner! The Atlanta Braves are National League champions again! This crowd is going berserk, listen!"

-Skip Caray

During Game 7 of the 1992 National League Championship Series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Re: Skip Caray

Ummmmm............who?

I think everyone is to enthralled by the whole Morgan Freeman thing...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Ummmmm............who?

I think everyone is to enthralled by the whole Morgan Freeman thing...
Morgan Freeman is not dead, just some broken bones, bleh. Skip Caray was the son of Harry Caray and the Atlanta Braves baseball announcer for 32 years. The Atlanta Braves are a baseball team in case you didnt know .
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
"A lotta room in right-center, if he hits one there we can dance in the streets. The 2-1. Swung, line drive left field! One run is in! Here comes Bream! Here's the throw to the plate! He is...safe! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win!...Braves win! They may have to hospitalize Sid Bream; he's down at the bottom of a huge pile at the plate. They help him to his feet. Frank Cabrera got the game winner! The Atlanta Braves are National League champions again! This crowd is going berserk, listen!"

-Skip Caray

During Game 7 of the 1992 National League Championship Series.

That was one of the best ballgames I have ever seen. Incredible seeing Francisco Cabrera pull a hit out of his @ss.

I will never forget that particular game. My wife got p***** Off at me, cause I was screaming in the living room.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode