Sleep disorder - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Sleep disorder

Hello guys/gals,

I thought I'd have your views on this matter and help as well. As the title suggests I am experiencing sleep disorders and this disorder is reflecting on my life as well.

I dunno when this started exactly but I've been unable to sleep at a reasonable time (like 00.00 or 1 am) for nearly 3 weeks. At first I'd sleep late and I'd be up late. Now it's getting a bit different than that. 4-5 days ago I decided to skip sleep for a night and then sleep early the following night to get everything to normal and I didn't sleep for a night. Next night went to bed early and woke up very late again. I'm feeling sleepy all the time but I'm having a hard time getting to sleep. I didn't sleep last night again and then slept for 4-5 hours in the day and I was yawning all the day long but now it's nearly 5 am but I'm still unable to sleep.

I know this sounds kinda strange but I wondered if any onther person went through this. Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:44 PM

Re: Sleep disorder

I have 2 pieces of advice from when I was having trouble sleeping.

1) Dont worry about it, when your body needs sleep it will get it. Of course talking to a doctor couldnt hurt if you are nervous about it.

2) Beat your meat like it owes you money, few things put me out faster than the big 'O'

To be fair, Spanking the monkey is my solution for just about any problem, though.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
2) Beat your meat like it owes you money,
Hahaha, that usually works.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM

Nothing makes me sleep better than a really good workout.

according to elcid, maybe a good pounding is considered a workout.

Last edited by jaxadam; 01-22-2007 at 10:07 PM.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
To be fair, Spanking the monkey is my solution for just about any problem, though.
hahahaha!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 11:17 PM

When my brother passed away in May of 2000 (he was 27), I developed insomnia from mourning over his death. It was nasty. For 4 days straight, I had about 2-3 hours sleep. I absolutely hate the feeling of not being able to sleep, especially when your dead tired. Since then, i've been getting good sleep here and there, there are nights still where I can't sleep. I work out about 3 or 4 times a week so that helps.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu2k1 View Post
hahahaha!

To be fair, it's a lesson I learned from the Nuge
"When in doubt, I whip it out"
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost View Post
Hello guys/gals,

I thought I'd have your views on this matter and help as well. As the title suggests I am experiencing sleep disorders and this disorder is reflecting on my life as well.

I dunno when this started exactly but I've been unable to sleep at a reasonable time (like 00.00 or 1 am) for nearly 3 weeks. At first I'd sleep late and I'd be up late. Now it's getting a bit different than that. 4-5 days ago I decided to skip sleep for a night and then sleep early the following night to get everything to normal and I didn't sleep for a night. Next night went to bed early and woke up very late again. I'm feeling sleepy all the time but I'm having a hard time getting to sleep. I didn't sleep last night again and then slept for 4-5 hours in the day and I was yawning all the day long but now it's nearly 5 am but I'm still unable to sleep.

I know this sounds kinda strange but I wondered if any onther person went through this. Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you stressed out, to me. You should find a way to relax yourself.

I have trouble sleeping too, sometimes. I lay awake until 1 am or so. I just can't catch any Zs. So what I do then, is watch a movie. I just do something to distract myself for a while. That usually helps.

Myst
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Nothing makes me sleep better than a really good workout.
Same here.

That's why I never have a problem sleeping as well. After a day at work, and then a gym session or a game of football, I am finished. I sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I sleep like a log anyway, a meteorite wouldn't wake me.

If you are having these problems on a regular basis, I would advise going and seeing your doctor. There is lots of medication out there for this.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 AM

You could also try drinking some tea before you go to bed.

Myst

Last edited by Myst and rain; 01-23-2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Changed the sentance.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 AM

Ambien.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 AM

What does that mean? Is that a type of tea?

Myst

Last edited by Myst and rain; 01-23-2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added 'Is that a type of tea?'.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:

2) Beat your meat like it owes you money, few things put me out faster than the big 'O'

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 AM

I struggle with sleep too, although not that bad. The solution that works for sending me to sleep is to watch a DVD and I have it set so it all switches off after it's finished. The only problem with that is that I sort of depend on it now to go to sleep. I mean, I'm ok when I'm on holiday or away or whatever but when I'm at home I just can't switch off. I'm one of life's over-thinkers, I'll constantly be running things over in my head, god knows why

I'm also terrible for waking up early. It's like my body clock says "Get up you lazy bastard" around about 6:30am-ish, even if it's a weekend and I was up late the previous night. Weird. Almost like a child thinking he's missing out on something, lol. Now that, I have no cure for but like I say, a DVD helps to keep my concentration until I fall asleep.

BTW, I know Myst was trying to help, but you should really steer clear of tea because of the caffeine in it.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
BTW, I know Myst was trying to help, but you should really steer clear of tea because of the caffeine in it.
Warm milk, then?

Myst

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what's the best sleep music

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode