which smartphone? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

View Poll Results: Which smartphone
Samsung Galaxy S3 1 12.50%
Apple iPhone 5 7 87.50%
Blackberry Z10 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

which smartphone?

Hey, i was just wondering which phone i should get myself once i get a job this summer. The 3 phones i have it narrowed down to are the Samsung Galaxy S3, the iPhone 5 and the new Blackberry Z10. im 16, if tha matters at all. i just wanted some opinions on the 3,their app markets, etc.

Thanks Again,
GeetarKid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 AM

Re: which smartphone?

The app market might be somewhat different for the three, but which phone got the apps you will use?

All three phones are good. Heck, all the older phones of each (not sure about the Blackberry, not available over here) are more than good enough too. You will pay a lot for the newest thing, and as with guitars - buying new stuff means you will take the value hit.

This comes from a guy who got his first smartphone at 34. I could easily survive without it. Don't be a social media addict! Instead of dragging social medias with you all the time, you'd be better off with a guitar! OK, enough of the "old man rant".
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
dex

Unless you have a lot of friends with Blackberries who use BBM all the time don't even look at the Z10.

Iphone still rules all and is better at playing music as well so unless it's much more expensive than the Samsung get the Iphone.

Euphor, I only got my first truly smart phone in 2010 but have had Palms, Clies and Blackberries since 1999 and I'm not sure I could have managed without them.
Ten years ago I had to carry three devices with me.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Euphor, I only got my first truly smart phone in 2010 but have had Palms, Clies and Blackberries since 1999 and I'm not sure I could have managed without them.
Ten years ago I had to carry three devices with me.
I see. We had phones at home, internet available on the old desktop computer, and we learned to whistle for music on the go. The downside to it was that we had to face other people every day.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

i figured i should hold the guitar "limit" at 6 until i move out and have some room of my own to store them, and besides, i dont really think im "good enough" at guitar for me to buy an expensive-ish guitar... but, if i had more room, i would want a guitar over a phone any day. btw, the "old man rant"/advice was apprieciated.

Tags
blackberry , galaxy , iphone , samsung , z10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode