Soda questions life lessons. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

View Poll Results: Would you switch to Pepsi after taking the Pepsi Challenge?
yes 2 8.70%
no 5 21.74%
the new hardtail sucks 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Soda questions life lessons.

If you took the Pepsi challenge after being a die hard Coke drinker would you switch if you choose Pepsi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:47 AM

Re: Soda questions life lessons.

hm, i don't have the pepsi challenge around where i live, and im not that big of a soda drinker anyway, so the new hardtail sucks i guess
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM

I am one of those weird people that drink both Pepsi and Coke. I really don't have a preference.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:13 PM

I drink Dr. Pepper, so you know how I voted.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I was curious how brand names affect our habits. I think if I chose Pepsi I'd still drink Coke because I'm loyal to the brand. That might be why I'm an Ibanez slut.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:24 PM

stickin to mountain dew, thanks. ha ha
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 PM

I like Pepsi better than Coke and yes the new hardtail sucks.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Reviews: 3

Is this kind of like when they switched my gourmet coffee with Folger's crystals?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Soda questions life lessons.

Brand loyalty is a weird concept to me...You're paying money to an entity whose sole purpose is to make money without regards to anyone or anything except that which can make it money. When you find something that serves you better you stay with the other less satisfying product, just because...

Kind of like being faithful to an Atlantic City hooker even after you found a woman you could build a life with, but you're afraid of the change...

Hardtails blow because Floyds (original or licensed) have always served me better, as well as being waaaaaaay more satisfying and I'm not into the cheap @ass, drugged out, hooker like, hardtail with less features. The Floyd has been the bridge of my dreams...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 AM

I don't drink any sweet fizzy beverages.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM

Reviews: 25

Its just like dope, if your smoking you always prefer bud, but if you can only get leaf you smoke it anyways....
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Is it wierd that I don't even know what the pepsi challenge is?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
Is this kind of like when they switched my gourmet coffee with Folger's crystals?
LOL
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Brand loyalty is a weird concept to me...You're paying money to an entity whose sole purpose is to make money without regards to anyone or anything except that which can make it money. When you find something that serves you better you stay with the other less satisfying product, just because...

Kind of like being faithful to an Atlantic City hooker even after you found a woman you could build a life with, but you're afraid of the change...

Hardtails blow because Floyds (original or licensed) have always served me better, as well as being waaaaaaay more satisfying and I'm not into the cheap @ass, drugged out, hooker like, hardtail with less features. The Floyd has been the bridge of my dreams...
One of the primary rules of business is that without customers, you are out of business. Brand loyalty is essential for companies to succeed and they take it quite seriously (or most of them do). You see it a lot lately with all of the attacking ads, it's companies trying to get you to chose their brand more often. By being loyal to a brand, you are saying you approve of what they are selling and want them to continue. If you stop buying, and there are enough of you, the company must change what they do in order to win back your approval. It's a very democratic thing when you think about it.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Soda questions life lessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
One of the primary rules of business is that without customers, you are out of business. Brand loyalty is essential for companies to succeed and they take it quite seriously (or most of them do). You see it a lot lately with all of the attacking ads, it's companies trying to get you to chose their brand more often. By being loyal to a brand, you are saying you approve of what they are selling and want them to continue. If you stop buying, and there are enough of you, the company must change what they do in order to win back your approval. It's a very democratic thing when you think about it.
I understand why a company would push brand loyalty, and of course there is no wrong answer here, but I never understood why a consumer would push brand loyalty. It seems to me that it would limit your options. Of course it's different being loyal to a soda company vs. a guitar manufacturer. I myself was very loyal to Ibanez for many years, mostly due to the fact that the 89 JEM 77FP was so utterly fantastic that it really drew me in to what they were doing. Also my formative years as a professional player were around that time, and i was young enough to be quite impressionable. Recent years have been better, but there was a long period where I was only playing late 80's to early 90's models, as it appeared that they went in a direction not conducive to what I was about. Totally what you are talking about...

Tags
pepsi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode