Some advices for the site - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Some advices for the site

Hi

Iīm nobody here to say how things must be doing of course... but if this could be result helpfully and in the future put in practice I will be happy. I think could be work and makes some sections here runs faster and in an easy way.

Well... here we go....

1) INSERT AN EDIT BUTTON or OPTION in the Buy/Sell area:

I mean.. you know that sometimes we have some mistakes, or just simply want to add some information, or simply drop the price and you must wait 21 days as regular. This is ok... itīs a fact but maybe could be great to add some Option or button to edit the message without bumping it. So one could modify his messages for the purpouses mentioned above .

2) CREATE AN AUTO-REGULATE TIMER FOR UPDATE MESSAGES in the Buy/Sell area:

I watch in other forums that to made easy the work of moderators, in the moment somebody is posting a new therad on this Buy/Sell area, automatically appears an option like a button where says that you must wait 21 days until bump the message (21, 3, 7 or what in evry site is arranged). So in that way itīs blocked, and if seller must try to bump the message, automatically donīt allow to do it, so everybody needs to be patient and wait for the sharp date. Seller could edit the message to made modifications in the thread but not bumped. This measure only safe lot of work to mods and people working for the forum, so they donīt need to spent more time in this and they can be doing other things or just simply enjoying more the forum.

Please let me see what do you think guys...

CheersĄĄ

Javier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Some advices for the site

Also if somebody has new ideas please share with us.. weīll see if we can help in any way to be a better Jemsite for all.

Javier
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:09 PM

1. I would imagine it was set up to not allow edits to prevent fraud or chaging the message is a bad way. Dude makes a claim that his 350DX is mint and the buyer pays, gets it, and notices that it isn't mint. Buyer comes to make statement that it isn't mint but Seller edited the message removing the mint claim and the buyer feels screwed.

While in my time here I don't think this has happened we can't know the morals of every poster and this prevents take backs.

2. You want an edit function so that a person could lower the price but you also want an automatic non bumping thing done. I am selling something currently and If I want to lower the price I should not have to wait 21 days and neither should a potential buyer have to wait for that deal. If I were to edit it after someone has read that new post then they would have no clue that a change has been made without a new post notifcation.

Howerver if it were possible for a spell checker to be installed that would be ok. I compose all my important stuff in word anyway.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Understand perfectly about point 1.. but anyway all changes in post, new therads, erase therads must be go to one place etc... are recorded?? So here you have are recordings one can easily demostrate if somebody wants to screw anybody.. or some soliyion only editing before 21 days on the same post just only if there are no replies... I know that this can not make sure free of any problem... but at the moment thereīs nothing to prevent fraud or scam anyway than the regular things on forums and the acting of people itself.

Point number 2 is only to make thins easy to mods no more.. the period time for bumping it will be the same 21 days but in this way mods donīt need to worry for people bumbing before, so less infractions, people more happy and the site working with less work.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Donīt misunderstand me... edit option is not only to low the price. Sometimes I forget some details or important specs when posting some gear on sale... yes of course I can post after posting with new things and nothings happens because all people can se that I forget and is not bumpong but I can realize ir want to add soemthing one week before or two.. and I will be bumping the add befire and this also can be used indiscriminated. Thatīs the way for editing option.. you can made all changes you need withouth bumpinh in the same orihinal first message and if thereīs any problem yout changes probably will be recorded (I donīt know how it works all this stuff).. also in the spanish site where Iīm talking about the message shows at the bottom the amount of times that the message us edited, so people can see if thereīs any change or not since posting.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddyknight View Post
Understand perfectly about point 1.. but anyway all changes in post, new therads, erase therads must be go to one place etc... are recorded?? So here you have are recordings one can easily demostrate if somebody wants to screw anybody.. or some soliyion only editing before 21 days on the same post just only if there are no replies... I know that this can not make sure free of any problem... but at the moment thereīs nothing to prevent fraud or scam anyway than the regular things on forums and the acting of people itself.

Point number 2 is only to make thins easy to mods no more.. the period time for bumping it will be the same 21 days but in this way mods donīt need to worry for people bumbing before, so less infractions, people more happy and the site working with less work.
You can drop the price sooner than 21 days, what you cant do is drop the price a dollar a day to keep bumping the ad. If you have something listed for $500, dont get any hits and a few days later decide you could live with getting $450, go ahead and post the price drop. Just dont abuse it for the sake of bumping the ad

Tags
changes on threads , edit messages , update

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode