The Sopranos - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

The Sopranos

Anyone watching? I am curious if anyone else has noticed that Tony & his shrink are never in a camera shot, and her lines or responses to Tony's statements are really generic.

It seems like they were not acting with one another, and I think the editng was horrible.

Anyone else notice this? Has there been any talk about it on the net?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:55 PM

Re: The Sopranos

The last few seasons have sucked like a Hoover...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 PM

The whole Tony and very monotone Dr. Melfi thing is very old and teadious to watch.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

the first melfi sequence was a dream.

if the editing was "horrible" it was intentional, nothing happens on that show by chance... glen
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:21 PM

Never seen one episode! I think I'm missing out on something.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:30 PM
site founder 0% owner

highly recommended viewing. start on the dvds season 1 and avoid the spoilers for this season (6)... glen
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 AM

"I'll never pass a drug test Tony, call me a cab."
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
the first melfi sequence was a dream.

if the editing was "horrible" it was intentional, nothing happens on that show by chance... glen
I was thinking that it was so bad there has to be a reason. I wonder what it will be?

I think most of this season has been pretty good ('cept maybe the tird thing.) I hope they wrap it up nicely and don't rush a bunch of loose ends in.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Vendor

eh, it's probably all a dream sequence. He killed her last season when she wouldn't badabing him
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 04:19 AM

Probably one of the best TV shows ever made, how anyone can't appreciate it on some level is beyond me. Some of the acting in it has been phenominal since Season 1. It's just a rare masterpiece of TV drama.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 AM

Seems like an aweful lot to wrap up in three episodes. A lot of people getting wacked seems likely.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 AM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: The Sopranos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7 View Post
"I'll never pass a drug test Tony, call me a cab."
Yeah, that was some chit scream. My wife and I were wondering how the hell T could kill Christopher. We also thought that he might have wanted T to kill him when he said he wasn't going to make it b/c he had drugs in his system and that he was going to go to prison for life. Somehow, that would've made sense in some way b/c T wasn't sad but he felt that he did Christopher a favor by killing him. We're going to watch it again on demand later to try and decipher all that.

I wonder who's going to get popped this week?

Jimmy
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 AM

Reviews: 25

Its my favourite show. The order is Sopranos, Lost, Entourage, Heroes, The 4400, Weeds, and then anything else that has a continuing storyline.

If you watch the most recent episode closely you can see tony starring at the baby seat maybe 3 times just after the crash. He can see that in the end Chris would have killed himself, his baby, his wife maybe also, and it was a good time to take him out. He was almost dead anyways so it wasn't difficult and he wouldn't be blamed for it

Recently me and the wife went to New York and did the Sopranos tour, we met Vito and got photos with him and went to all the set locations. Its really made this last and final season special. I can identify with all the background locations having been there.

Although it seems that Tony deserves to die after all the bad things he did, I can't see a better way to end the Sopranos, then have Tony walk off into the sunset scott free, end credits.... Woke up this morning etc.....
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM

The whole thing that gets me about the Sopranos is how they build up to a big event and then ignore it or skate around it non-confrontationally.
Things like the Melfi rape a couple seasons ago, it just seemed like she was going to let him do his thing on the guy that raped her, but it dissipated.

It seemed things were going to come to a head last season with John Sacrimoni, and again it fizzled. I do have to say that most times you don't know when a hit is actually going to come. Christopher's AA Pal and writer for Cleaver, or how they resume to season 6 to find out John Sacrimoni has cancer.

It's still a great show and I can't stop watching it'd just be nice to let the Id win and see some of the things you expect to happen come to fruition.

Bets on the finale?
I keep thinking it'll all boil over, and then they cut back to Tony poolside when the ducks come home to his pool, A.J. gets a job in a night club being a manager with some shady dealings on the side, and Med goes into a safe, normal med practice. Junior finishes out his sentence in the home and life goes on, more or less. It just seems to me the the guy evades everything.

Side note* Anyone remember the FBI's attempt at buffing the basement with the relic'ed lamp that they made after one in the Soprano's basement?
I found it amusing tha the whole thing was dashed by Meadow taking it to school with her.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
My wife and I were wondering how the hell T could kill Christopher.
it was no surprise, if you really followed his character as a psychopath who is somewhat like able and occasional sympathetic (ie. the horse he cared for). even lasts weeks episode points directly to this from tony breaking his balls and dismissing him then then paulie mocking him culminating in his drinking and killing his sponsor (aggression misplaced from what he wanted to do to paulie or tony). he actually outlined his thought process when feeling out the others who generally were upset about the accident and he was not.

Tony dialed 91 then looked at the baby seat crushed and decided to do what needed to be done - before Phil or someone does it. His "i get it" scream and winning at roulette confirmed in his mind he did the right thing like purging the boat anchor off his neck. The proof was his change of luck.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
The whole thing that gets me about the Sopranos is how they build up to a big event and then ignore it or skate around it non-confrontationally.
Things like the Melfi rape a couple seasons ago, it just seemed like she was going to let him do his thing on the guy that raped her, but it dissipated.
There were alot of big events though. from season 1 ***** to janice's psycho to ralphie to his cousin tony. the inevitable NY confrontation is probaly the season ender.

Melfi is non-confrontational and that was handled to completion the minute she refused to ask for Tony's help. the cherry on top and brilliance of the writing was the rapist being employee of the month later on. same with the russian in the woods that paulie/chrissy let get away.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode