Spider Woman - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 16
Spider Woman

I'm just curious if anyone here knows the story of Spider Woman. I'm wondering if it's any different than mine. This past Saturday I was bitten by either a Black Widow or a Brown Recluse. Not sure which, but it was definitely a nasty, nasty bite. I haven't gotten any necrotic tissue yet - odds are good now that I won't - but got plenty of pain. I don't know if anyone has ever been bitten by a spider before, but damn does it hurt after a few hours.

The infection spread out to about softball size making the whole area hard. It got into my muscle and made it tight and hurt. It's getting better now, but damn was it bad. The bite-bump right now is as big around as as 2 liter soda bottle cap. It was originally much larger.

Saw a doctor Monday and he put me on a high does of antibiotics. Seems to be doing the trick. I thought it might have been an ant bite as fire ants are all over the place in south Florida.

I've had alot of things happen to me in the past, but this is a first for a spider bite. Anyone else been bitten before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Re: Spider Woman

Has Kirsten Dunst made a pass at you yet?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

No, not yet. She's not really my type anyhow.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 PM

A friend of mine was bitten by the same Recluse two times! Archaic medicine in the military (aboard a ship in the Straits of Magellan) provided him with a huge hole in the bite, which he had to have packed with gauze every day until the wound healed. One of the most horrible things I've seen...and smelled...sorry to hear.

Now I am looking over my shoulder, and at my feet and at the ceiling because I suffer arachnaphobia something fierce
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:49 AM

As long as the spider didn't glow in the dark you probably won't be bothered by that pesky spider sense.

It's started raining here and the side plate-sized spiders are starting to come in. They don't bite, but they're decidedly unpleasant.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 AM

When I was a little fella I was bitten by the Aussie version of the Black Widow, we call 'em Red Back spiders.

All I can remember is that it was really, really painful

Hope you have a speedy revovery with no complications

Rock on!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Kii

Thought this was going to be about the comic book character. =\
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kii View Post
check out spidey's arms - "Woo! yes! totally throwin the horns for this bodacious spider babe! rock on dudes!"
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Now I am looking over my shoulder, and at my feet and at the ceiling
gah i hate that feeling often happens after seeing one, even on a tv!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
gah i hate that feeling often happens after seeing one, even on a tv!
..hair on arms raises a bit...ya get that tingly spider sense.....

yech, stomp 'em...
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
check out spidey's arms - "Woo! yes! totally throwin the horns for this bodacious spider babe! rock on dudes!"

LMAO!!!

You can read his mind......"I'd give that one....HELL YEAH!"
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
..ya get that tingly spider sense.....

I've got that...but it's mostly in my leg where the bite is.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kii View Post
Thought this was going to be about the comic book character. =\
So did I

Courtney, I know people that have been bitten by both the BW and BR. Black Widow bites cause serious cramping. Depending on the person (and amount of venom forwarded) the cramping can be limited somewhat to the bite area, or spread throught the entire body (VERY PAINFUL) but the cramping doesn't last longer than 24-48 hours max.

I would take that over a Brown Recluse ANY DAY!!! BR bites are horrible and can lead to amputation of a limb or even death. Truly as nasty as anything I've ever seen. NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!! If your tissue at the bite area isn't discoloring at all yet and the bite wound itself isn't starting to open up then I would say it's definitely not a BR bite. WHEW!!

I'm guessing it was a black widow. Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a Recluse. Very glad for that
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
If your tissue at the bite area isn't discoloring at all yet and the bite wound itself isn't starting to open up then I would say it's definitely not a BR bite. WHEW!!

I'm guessing it was a black widow. Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a Recluse. Very glad for that

Oh, it opened up last night when I got out of the shower. Not to be gross, but blood and puss came out of it....alot of it. You can now clearly see to holes where the spider bit in at.

It's discolored, but it's just red. There's no necrotic tissue, and from what I've read if it hasn't gotten necrotic by 72 hours then you're ok as far as necrosis is concerned.

The drugs I'm taking is really kicking it's a$$ right now. But I read that it'll probably take several months for the bump to fully go away.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

Oh, it opened up last night when I got out of the shower.
Oh......

Stay on top of it Courtney and make sure to let it drain. Are the drugs (as you call them) oral antibiotics or are you using something topical as well?

Tags
pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , shawn lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode