Spitzer = epic fail - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Spitzer = epic fail

Good god, you can't make this up. The guy put the system in place which monitors suspicious bank transactions (heard this on NPR - the threshold is much lower than $10K now, since 9/11). He also liked to prosecute prostitution. Now he gets caught by the system he put in place, which leads to evidence that he liked to partake in the activity he was so righteously against. Sources say he spent close to $80K on hookers.

He pretty much shot himself in both feet at the same time. Let's see how much respect he has for justice now that he's on the receiving end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:27 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: Spitzer = epic fail

Not s sure I think karma is an imaginary idea anymore... he got what he deserved for breaing the law and I feel he got such a hard hit because of the way he constantly overstepped his bounds as AG.

I thought for sure the Wall Street Journal was going to put yesterdays front page headline as simply "Ha Ha."
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Banned

He shot himself in more than the feet. Now, no uber expensive hooker sex and now no wife sex. Plus he burned a good friend by using his frieds I.D. to cover himself. But that doesn't mean some frequent sex isn't in his future.

I'll say this. Besides being ironic and a bit funny. Its horrible for his kids. Every thought of their hero dad is shattered. They will never look at their dad again without thinking about this. They will never ever trust a man in their lives to be honest ad faithful.

Also sad is his likely addiction to the behaviour. He knew the risk, he knew the consequences, he knew he would probably get caught. But addiction does something that causes people to completely ignore reason.

All the way around. Its very very sad.
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Yeah, it was quite a nice glass house he had for a while there...
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 AM

Reviews: 18

His wife isn't much to look at anyway... I don't feel sorry for the guy though. If you're in that kind of income bracket, you would be an idiot not to have money in an offshore account where uncle sam couldn't touch it.

Jimmy
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
He shot himself in more than the feet. Now, no uber expensive hooker sex and now no wife sex. Plus he burned a good friend by using his frieds I.D. to cover himself. But that doesn't mean some frequent sex isn't in his future.

I'll say this. Besides being ironic and a bit funny. Its horrible for his kids. Every thought of their hero dad is shattered. They will never look at their dad again without thinking about this. They will never ever trust a man in their lives to be honest ad faithful.

Also sad is his likely addiction to the behaviour. He knew the risk, he knew the consequences, he knew he would probably get caught. But addiction does something that causes people to completely ignore reason.

All the way around. Its very very sad.
I'm guessing that he was "buying it" because wife sex at home probably ended.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

maybe in some disturbed way he was trying to crack down on himself stop himself if you will... the guy obviously has issues well beyond his wife and their relationship (which probalby is not an issue whatsoever here in regards to his behaviour).. glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Good god, you can't make this up. The guy put the system in place which monitors suspicious bank transactions (heard this on NPR - the threshold is much lower than $10K now, since 9/11). He also liked to prosecute prostitution. Now he gets caught by the system he put in place, which leads to evidence that he liked to partake in the activity he was so righteously against. Sources say he spent close to $80K on hookers.

He pretty much shot himself in both feet at the same time. Let's see how much respect he has for justice now that he's on the receiving end.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM

Not to make a joke here. But seems alot of folks both men and women cheat on their respective spouses. What happened to masturbation. You get the urge just rub one out. Most cheaters eventually get caught. I doubt many if any divorces result from self pleasure.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

The next least risky option is having a mistress. Sure if he gets caught he might sustain some damage. However, getting caught with a mistress is less of an issue than getting caught blowing $80K on hookers. In fact, in a lot of countries, getting caught with a mistress would boost his approval rating.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM

+1 for masturbation!
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Vendor

A mistress would cost him way more than 80 grand. Maybe he's just cheap?
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Well, mistress doesn't charge $2.5K every time. So from a value standpoint it's a better deal. Honestly, what is it that he was doing with her that warrants such expense? I'd love to see a full, Clinton-style testimony in this case.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM

I have a GF and still hank my williams. Does this mean Spitzer's wife is available?
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Vendor

They may not charge, but they get "paid" pretty good in many other ways if you want to keep them around
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Plagues View Post
I have a GF and still hank my williams. Does this mean Spitzer's wife is available?
Hoo boy, wait till you get married then. You should get plenty of secks while she's your GF and not your wife, 'cause it only goes downhill from there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what causes roll out switch to fail

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode