Sport you follow most - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite sport
Football/soccer 4 18.18%
American football 5 22.73%
baseball 1 4.55%
basketball 0 0%
hockey 4 18.18%
golf 1 4.55%
Summer Olympics 1 4.55%
Winter Olympics 0 0%
Other, specify 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Sport you follow most

I will start. I like baseball and the San Francisco Giants. After that the ones not as favorite but close by are the SF 49ers, San Jose Sharks, Golden State Warriors, Oakland A's, Oakland Raiders, and Sacramento Kings. San Jose State basketball or football are fun to root for as is Cal Poly basketball team. Non-local baseball teams I like are Phillies, Rangers, and Mariners after my choices are exhausted. Atalanta Braves and Detoit Tigers are fun to root for after that. On that short list, one is likely to make it to NLCS or ALCS.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 04-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 AM

Re: Sport you follow most

Tennis fan here :-)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
Tennis fan here :-)
Me too! My wife and I both love tennis...it's the only sport we can actually play together because she doesn't play any other sports...we also love watching it on TV...if there is a tennis major on then that is all we watch on the TV for 2 weeks... I picked hockey in the poll because hockey is far and away the #1 sport here in Vancouver and in Canada but honestly, in recent years, I think I'm starting to like football more...both CFL and NFL
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Hockey is the number 1 sport in Vancouver? That's funny since they don't even have a professional team
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Hockey is the number 1 sport in Vancouver? That's funny since they don't even have a professional team
u r funny cid...I'm already on the Habs bandwagon in the hope that a Canadian team might actually be able to win a cup for the 1st time in 20 years
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM

Is trolling a sport?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM

Other: Formula 1

There's a bit of a discrepency between the thread title and the poll title.

The thread title wording implies a sport you primarily spectate. The poll title is a bit less specific and could be interpreted as including sports you participate in yourself. (Favorite to watch, or favorite in general?)

My favorite sport to watch is F1, but I don't open-wheel race myself.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Other: Formula 1

There's a bit of a discrepency between the thread title and the poll title.

The thread title wording implies a sport you primarily spectate. The poll title is a bit less specific and could be interpreted as including sports you participate in yourself. (Favorite to watch, or favorite in general?)

My favorite sport to watch is F1, but I don't open-wheel race myself.
That's a good point.

I suck at baseball but I love to watch it.

Anyway, for what I do tennis is something I loved to play until I got a little slow. Sometimes it's fun to watch but I get bored easily. Golf is similar in that for me it's much more fun to play than to watch.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM

I'm a big golf fan too...I like playing it but I'm not very good - it's a major struggle to break 100 these days...I love watching it...this weekend is the Masters and I will definitely be tuning to watch as much as I can
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Reviews: 15

For the most part it's American football for me, but I'll bounce around between baseball, soccer, and hockey. I used to follow tennis until I stopped playing and Agassi/Sampras retired.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 07:01 PM

American Football-specifically college football. I don't watch much pro. A very close second is college basketball.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 AM

There is only hockey for me, though mud wrestling is pretty entertaining
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Giants tied with Dodgers in NL West and game tonight to decide which 9-5 team pulls ahead. I have a feeling if the Giants do well in 2014 their biggest rival will be the Dodgers. MLB analysts most pick Dodgers to win it all for 2014 which is not a surprise given their roster.

If this happens and LA's secondary closer and set up pitcher Brian "fear the beard" Wilson (former Giants legend we passed on...see below) is a part of the magic, then there won't be any end to the finger pointing. SF needs to get Lincecum and Cain revitalized in their once great pitching to be a real contender for postseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvT2HlOw6Bs
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM

I bet you could trace Lincecum's greatness to when he was smoking all that California legal pot, and his downward arc from the time he got busted or whatever happened to him. Pass that guy the RooR and I bet he'd be fine again
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM

American Motocross & Supercross... along with GNC Flattrack, mainly because thats what I used to race. Ijust sold my race bike and at my age I'll probably stick with racing a few Hare Scrambles locally.

As far as stick and ball sports... NFL football and NCAA college basketball, although I don't watch them all the time, I do follow along.

This was a good year for me, as a lifelong Seahawks fan. We finally won the Superbowl!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode