star wars project - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

star wars project

with everything going on, this has been on the back burner for a very long time...over a year. we have worked on a star wars spoof film, scripting and storyboarding, which ended about a year ago. that's too bad. no time for it. with things starting to slow down and winter upon us, we are going to be filming the sand dune scenes soon, i hope. this is something i have always wanted to do for fun. with my crew and close friends / star wars fans....it will be a great time. here are just a few photos of the many we took so far. there will be some animation of course but i'm relying on models and model-making. that is what i wanted to do more than anything from the time i was a little kid. models will of course be filmed in front of the green screen with the footage / animation behind it. it's going to be a huge project. not sure when it will be done. enjoy.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Re: star wars project

Last edited by shredmaster; 10-12-2007 at 10:57 AM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM

Very cool. I await your updates.

BTW, is your dog a Shih-Tzu?
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

thanks. nope, we have 2 cairn terriers. that one you see is my brother's dog. he's a maltese.
here are my kids:

Roxy

Jack

Last edited by shredmaster; 10-12-2007 at 11:12 AM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Wow!!! That is really really cool! And it looks like alot of fun too! Love the pics!! The toilet paper roll is hilarious! hehehehe Best of luck to you and your friends on your project! Cheers!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
here are my kids:
Yep, I consider our Shih-Tzu as my "kid" too. (he certainly acts like one.. ) My wife & I don't have kids yet. Maybe someday but dogs certainly have their advantages.

Right now I can't stand the thought of having teenagers in the house.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 16

I've always wanted to do a film...anything. I've done editing and some model making in the past (CG), but I really enjoy the filming and editing process. I don't have the patience to sit there for hours on end buiilding a model in the computer. I have to do that enough as it is for my real job. But let me shoot the material, color correct it and edit and I'm a happy camper.

What kind of camera(s) are you using? Lenses? Media format? Software?

I did miniDV and HDV with Adobe products to do the post work.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

dude you should move down here then! hehe. i need another videographer and photographer for the studio...weddings are slowly picking up. i never wanted to be a wedding photographer but it's still art and i do enjoy it.

for video i'm now shooting with Canon GL2's, have the stage lighting, as you see some pictured already, some reflectors, odds and ends stuff. editing is adobe premiere pro. i don't use after fx much at all. i think the last time i dabbled with it was 3 years ago. for what i'm doing it isn't needed. just cuts and transitions. never was a fan of the stupid videographer cheese edit transitions. the only effect i may use is a 35mm film grain filter plugin to make it look like film. can't remember the co. i got them from but they are pro! no special lenses. just what's on the cam...i do have a wide angle and that is it. shooting in minidv. for voice overs and post audio it's pro tools.

i like animation to a point but i don't have the time to learn it. i always preferred the natural model thing anyway, although there are times when animation would be best. i can call on my cousin if i need that stuff done.

i have always wanted to do something with video for myself instead of for clients and this is one of those things. it's so hard to get it going with lack of time but i have to do it, just like i need to come out with another CD of my music once i get my chops up.

Steve

Last edited by shredmaster; 10-12-2007 at 12:31 PM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Reviews: 16

I used After FX a good bit, but I'm not up on the latest version. I used Premiere Pro as well and of course Photoshop.

I was using a Sony Z1U, but I've since sold it. Right now I've got a Sony miniDV. I'm thinking of getting another Z1U though. I'm in the process of building an adapter that allows you to attach 35mm film lenses (like from a Canon AE1 which I have many lenses) to the camera so you get a real depth of field. I havne't been able to do much with that because of friend of mine that has a machine shop behind his house is away as a contractor in another state.

Also got a project to do a steadicam...the vest mounted kind. I'm nearly finished with that. I've got 5 more pieces to make and it's finished, but again....no way of making the parts.

I was thinking I might be able to make the lense adapter out of carbon fiber. That's still a possibility and it would be stiff enough to work well. I've got the dimensions for it around somewhere.

I'd love to get back involved with that, but I don't know anyone that lives close by me that's interested. Oh well. Maybe eventually. I've got several scripts that are in various levels of being written.

I've done the wedding thing before. My dad is a pro-photographer on the side of his regular job. I helped him with that, and when I got out of college I did it some on my own as well, but I did the videography bit. I love photography, but I like taking outdoor scenes and that's about it. Maybe some portraits as art, but nothing as far as shooting models for portfolios or anything like that.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Totally Awesome Steve!!!

Couple few years now Wow......all started from a simple Darth Costume???!!!

Excellent!! Love the first shot!!! Can't wait
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

yeah dude......2-3 years now. time just flies. moving into 2 different home, getting married, side biz, time flies! all started from that cheap vader helmet (has been upgraded.) good memory
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM

I thought this was gonna be a Starwars themed JEM not a bloody film!

Looks great! I hope it all goes through smoothly without too many headaches!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:23 PM

I hope you saw the Star Wars-spoof Family Guy episode a couple of weeks ago!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

i saw about a minute of it. it was kinda funny. for some reason i hate the family guy. not sure why...something about it.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM

Looks like good stuff. Growing up in the original Star Wars hey, day, I never lost my love for it. Can't wait to see the progress!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode