Still at home - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Still at home

well ankle surgery was 2/23 and i'm still sitting here, still can't walk. i was cool with it but now it's getting a little old. still can't walk without crutches. can't drive anywhere, and i'm trapped at my mother-in-laws house with HER all day. we live here while our house is being built. it could be worse but i'm starting to get really irritated man. this ankle isn't healing fast enough and i'm having issues with the wound slightly. the skin isn't bonding together like it should. i just replaced the butterfly strips with new ones. i'm in an aircast and just had it off for about 5 hours today to let some air at it.

all in all, it's better than working! this time has been great for me to reflect on myself and my life and there is close to no stress. work, just like a bad relationship, you don't realize how bad it is until you are out of it. so i have been surfing for a new job. i have 2 interviews next week that i'm going to somehow hobble to. i'm due back at my regular job 4/3.

so i watch a little tv, surft jemsite and look for jobs on the laptop. just wanted to check in. anyone know how to get skin to bind faster? i thought of downing some vitamin E since that is good for the skin. i need to get out of this house!

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 PM

Re: Still at home

My "get healthy as soon as possible" wishes to you, Steve!

That thing you said bad relationships and work is just so true! I never knew I was missing a lot when I was hangin' around with my ex.

Anyway, I wish you the luckiest of job interviews and the fastest of recoveries.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
well ankle surgery was 2/23 and i'm still sitting here, still can't walk. i was cool with it but now it's getting a little old. still can't walk without crutches. can't drive anywhere, and i'm trapped at my mother-in-laws house with HER all day. we live here while our house is being built. it could be worse but i'm starting to get really irritated man. this ankle isn't healing fast enough and i'm having issues with the wound slightly. the skin isn't bonding together like it should. i just replaced the butterfly strips with new ones. i'm in an aircast and just had it off for about 5 hours today to let some air at it.

all in all, it's better than working! this time has been great for me to reflect on myself and my life and there is close to no stress. work, just like a bad relationship, you don't realize how bad it is until you are out of it. so i have been surfing for a new job. i have 2 interviews next week that i'm going to somehow hobble to. i'm due back at my regular job 4/3.

so i watch a little tv, surft jemsite and look for jobs on the laptop. just wanted to check in. anyone know how to get skin to bind faster? i thought of downing some vitamin E since that is good for the skin. i need to get out of this house!

Steve
Teach your mother-in-law how to play the bass guitar. You can play the lead guitar. Maybe something good can come out of all these.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
Teach your mother-in-law how to play the bass guitar. You can play the lead guitar. Maybe something good can come out of all these.
hmmmm, probably not...hehehe. unfortunately with her arthritis she can barely hold a fork or write her name so it wouldn't work out too well.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Reviews: 1

Mouth bass then?
Are you going to make it to G3 this weekend?

Bamm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

i don't think so. the person i was going to go with can't go and i have no ride. more importantly, i may be able to make it there but my ankle is still not the best. i would love to get there but on crutches, i just don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode