Strange lines inthe sky - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Cool Strange lines inthe sky

Hi guys, i saw this over the south eastern plains of colorado

My wife and i were driving back to Houston when we saw the chemtrail jets out in force but as we looked up we noticed they were following black lines in the sky. The black lines were sort of transparent and almost looked like lasers. it was the most strange feeling to see this as many as 20 to 30 jets .I have read about chemtrails and the famous black line but this time i saw it with my own eyes and captured it with my camera.Could the planes themselves have some kind of forward imaging or could this be done with sateliltes? Anyway there is no way that a black line in the sky that extends as far as the horizon can happen naturally.there is something strange taking place over us!

Last edited by Robstar; 12-18-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Re: Strange lines inthe sky

Images didn't work - go to photobucket and open a free account. I'd be interested in seeing those pix....

~j
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM

wheres your image gone? ps chemtrails DONT exsist, even though there were on a senate bill. "go back to sleep, there's nothing to see here."
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

sorry guys but it wont let me post a link until i have 20 posts on the forums
that sucks. stupid rule but i can see it on my computer as attached to the post ,wierd?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 AM

Reviews: 1

I assume we're talking about military jets here?

They could have been trails left by other aircraft. Sometimes tey're made especially to not be moved about in wind, and if the jets making them were flying straight, that's ur question possibly answered?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM

Neato.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 AM

Reviews: 21

Interesting. I've seen similar things in our sky but I'm not sure if its out of the ordinary. We've got a few AFB's and NAS's in the area and it's not too odd to see trails in the sky when the weather is great with lots of visibility. Black trails, though...?

In general, the military must be having a dickens of a time trying to keep secrets with a YouTube generation!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 AM

There are absolutely no intentional "chemtrail" airplanes, particularly in the commercial or private aircraft markets. Im involved in General Aviation, and I have two relatives who used to be in the airlines.

The most prohibitive thing for any aircraft is weight. Airlines will do anything to shave extra pounds off of an airframe (or baggage, or crew, or even passengers...). I wouldn't be surprised if they told us all to lose another 5 pounds before boarding sometime....

On top of that, there is a massive amount of regulation on airframes, aircraft movements, routes, and on the airlines themselves. Any "extra" installed equipment that doesn't belong there would be quickly spotted during maintenance. "Extra" equipment would also affect the weight and balance of the airliner, which is figured into calculations done before takeoff, and weight and balance is also figured into the W&B record for that airliner.

Airlines historically make next to no money. Some years they make a few percent, and some years they go bankrupt. All of their effort is in maximizing extra passengers. And that means getting whatever they can out of weight and space.

What's more likely (and still unfortunate) is that the aircraft probably had a maintenance issue and is leaking oil or something else equally grim.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Wink Re: Strange lines inthe sky

Hey guys thanks for the comments.
I know the whole controversy behind the chemtrail conspiracy theory.
The things is that when you see this in real life and you see that the black lines remain even when the jet is no longer visible and you see this with 20 to 30 jets you start to ask questions. I have extensive knowledge of aerodynamics from my studies in school,navy and my radio control model airplane days. Its kind of like seeing a square watermelon, you know melons don't grow square so you know someone somewhere had a hand at making a square melon. Ok now i will go to the store to get me some melon. Yumm!
Happy playing to all!
and play loud!

Tags
chemtrail black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to make strange guitar sounds

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode