Stuck Pixels on PSP - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Stuck Pixels on PSP

I bought one of the new PSP Slimlines yesterday afternoon.
I was chuffed with my buy and couldn't wait to get home and play as I've never really owned any consoles (im more of a PC gamer).

However when I got home and turned it on there is a friggin stuck pixel on the right of the screen which is constantly blue. It's so small but I find it almost impossible to ignore.

My question is...would this be covered in the warranty and would I be able to go back to the store and get a replacement on the spot. Or am I going to have to send it away to get repaired...which I really don't want to do. Apparently, stuck pixels are normal on LCD screens and are quite regular on PSP's but I don't really find that to be an acceptable excuse seeing that I have never seen this happen on a DS or my TV etc...

Your thoughts?

-Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: Stuck Pixels on PSP

The way it works and Im not sure about PSP's but when you buy an lcd monitor or TV, there is an acceptable number of dead pixels, that can be on any sold LCD, before it can be returned or replaced etc... I think its like 5 or 7.... or something like that

But thats not to say that you cant go back to the same store and show them the dead pixel and complain a little... They may just swap you for a new one and be done with it. They may also send it to get repaired, but the longer you wait between your purchase and talking to the shop, the harder it is to get anything done about it.

Id complain, in my experience complaining seems to work a large percentage of the time......
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

I think I shall go in tommorow afternoon on my lunch with it.
It is a bit dissapointing though.

My friend told me about this video/application he had, that flashes RBG colours onto the screen, which is supposed to Un-stick the pixels. However he claims you have to install customer firmware to install it which I wouldnt be too happy about doing. (I like to keep my warranty)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM

Yeah just take it back. If they put up a fuss play hardball with them.

There is no excuse for not getting a 100% perfect product when you are shelling out your hard-earned cash. On the other side of the coin, it'd be like paying for it with £100 in cash and only paying £95 in real money and the rest in monopoly money.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:41 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
I bought one of the new PSP Slimlines yesterday afternoon.
I was chuffed with my buy and couldn't wait to get home and play as I've never really owned any consoles (im more of a PC gamer).

However when I got home and turned it on there is a friggin stuck pixel on the right of the screen which is constantly blue. It's so small but I find it almost impossible to ignore.

My question is...would this be covered in the warranty and would I be able to go back to the store and get a replacement on the spot. Or am I going to have to send it away to get repaired...which I really don't want to do. Apparently, stuck pixels are normal on LCD screens and are quite regular on PSP's but I don't really find that to be an acceptable excuse seeing that I have never seen this happen on a DS or my TV etc...

Your thoughts?

-Sean
Dude don't be too concerned about it just yet, stuck pixels can occur occassionally. I've got one of the original PSP's and I got them when I first bought the unit.

Do a Google search for PSP stuck pixel or dead pixel repair or fix or something along those lines. People have made little apps that you can try running to clear them out. Works for any LCD screen really.

The apps are supposed to flash many colours rapidly , and it kickstarts the pixel again. Only really worry if the pixel is black and stays black. That's when it may be dead.

Hope that helps you out a little anyway.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:12 PM

Pah! Just stick with a 8800 GTX SLI Vid card PC and everythings dandy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 AM

i found this video file for the psp, it sort of goes through all the colours, and apparently unsticks pixels, i'm not entirely sure if it worked
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrojem View Post
Pah! Just stick with a 8800 GTX SLI Vid card PC and everythings dandy.
No matter how good your gfx card is, thats not going to affect the quality of the LCD screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hero_next_door View Post
i found this video file for the psp, it sort of goes through all the colours, and apparently unsticks pixels, i'm not entirely sure if it worked
Yeah my mate mentioned something like that to me. he apparently ran it for 30 minutes and it got rid of his stuck pixels.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks
-Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode