Swine Flu Facts and Research - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Swine Flu Facts and Research

dot
dot

Last edited by Jem7RB MK; 07-27-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Re: Swine Flu Facts and Research

dot
dot

Last ever post on Jemsite, b o l l o x to the nay sayers, be safe, take care

Rob

Last edited by Jem7RB MK; 07-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM

Thanks for your post. Everyone should do thier own research when it comes to vaccination.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

its rife up here in the north east (uk).my son has made a full recovery now phewwww thank god as i was very worried.they say that all of us will get it eventually.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM

If you're going to post something along these lines, please post where your references are from, preferably from the original source rather than commentary. Just good research practice, and people can then make up their own minds by reading the original article without your spin.

And paranoidnutter.com does not a valid reference make....

1) Jem7RB MK has an agenda and made all this up to scare people. (Fact)

See, anyone can do it
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:32 PM

quickly scanning through your points I can easily debunk one:

Quote:
12 The main ingredient of Tamiflu is 'Star of Anise'
This is false advertising and potentially dangerous. Star of Anise was (for a while) an industrial source for an acid that is used in the production of flu vaccins, but the active ingredient in Tamilflu is not present in 'Star of Anise'. As Tamilflu production shot up, Star of Anise feedstock became insufficient.

Eating 'Star of Anise' will not give you any protection whatsoever. (Fact, 2000BC)

Also, garlic has antibiotic, antifungal and antimicrobial properties, but no known antiviral properties.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
If you're going to post something along these lines, please post where your references are from, preferably from the original source rather than commentary. Just good research practice, and people can then make up their own minds by reading the original article without your spin.

And paranoidnutter.com does not a valid reference make....

1) Jem7RB MK has an agenda and made all this up to scare people. (Fact)

See, anyone can do it
Did you even read what he wrote? I did, and I didn't see it as biased in any direction. He wrote several times that people should read up on their own and make up their own minds. I guess that means he added "his spin" to everything to scare us...

Well, you made him delete his posts, so I guess you won. Grats! Now cheer...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

guys - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

it is disappointing that Rob deleted his posts as there is no reason for that either... people can discard, dismiss or research further... glen
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Reviews: 12

i've been vaccinated and carry a card as proof. The reason i've been vaccinated is because i do work for novartis vaccines where they are making the vaccine against it. Obviously it goes without saying i cant be walikng around their premises with the lurgy! From what i know is tamiflu is not really effective against swine flu but will reduce some of the symptoms of the flu virus. On a similar note, reasearch has been done on mushrooms for a while and they are known to assist in preventing seasonal flu, so it may be a good idea to eat mushrooms more frequently in order to help your resistance to catching the flu virus.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Did you even read what he wrote? I did, and I didn't see it as biased in any direction. He wrote several times that people should read up on their own and make up their own minds. I guess that means he added "his spin" to everything to scare us...

Well, you made him delete his posts, so I guess you won. Grats! Now cheer...
Yes, I did read it and what I saw was a bunch of spurious (and potentially dangerous) assertions presented as facts, and an encouragement to pass them around. Fine, if you want people to make up their own minds, post where those facts are from and let people decide that way. And if it turns out they're all postings on conspiracy theory blogs, then wouldn't you rather know that?

And it's not me made him delete his posts, its clearly the global conspiracy trying to silence the truth.....
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 04:40 AM

Reviews: 1

All he says is "dot dot dot" and he needs a reference???

What was there before?

And why is this his last post ever? Is he dying of swine flu or something?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, I did read it and what I saw was a bunch of spurious (and potentially dangerous) assertions presented as facts, and an encouragement to pass them around. Fine, if you want people to make up their own minds, post where those facts are from and let people decide that way. And if it turns out they're all postings on conspiracy theory blogs, then wouldn't you rather know that?

And it's not me made him delete his posts, its clearly the global conspiracy trying to silence the truth.....
Where are your links to conspiracy theory blogs to prove that's where these facts come from? Why do you think it was dangerous? Why not post something to back up your claims? You had the chance to clear up a lot of things for many of us (who are not well educated about the latest flu variations). Not sure why you didn't. I'm waiting for your list of facts about swine flu.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Where are your links to conspiracy theory blogs to prove that's where these facts come from? Why do you think it was dangerous? Why not post something to back up your claims? You had the chance to clear up a lot of things for many of us (who are not well educated about the latest flu variations). Not sure why you didn't. I'm waiting for your list of facts about swine flu.
Are you missing the point deliberately, or you just fancy an argument?

Did I post a thread titled swine flu facts and research? Did I make a number of assertions and label them "facts", without showing any evidence as to why they might be facts? Did I encourage people to pass those "facts" around? Did I delete my posts when challenged to provide references for those "facts"? No.

Why dangerous? Because if I want medical advice, I'll ask a medical professional, not a bloke on a guitar forum. And so should anyone.

You want a link? Well there you go: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread486051/pg1

Recognise any of those? Because I do. And if you want to take that website as a source of proper research, you just sit there in your tin foil hat and keep watching the skies (but be careful the reptilians don't get you while you sleep....).
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:

You want a link? Well there you go: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread486051/pg1

Recognise any of those? Because I do. And if you want to take that website as a source of proper research, you just sit there in your tin foil hat and keep watching the skies (but be careful the reptilians don't get you while you sleep....).

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/07/22/swine.flu.drugs/
With that kind of proffit at stake I consider any conspiracy theory possible. 1900% !!!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6694046.ece
5 days after developed?

Last edited by Rotti; 07-28-2009 at 10:32 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Why dangerous? Because if I want medical advice, I'll ask a medical professional, not a bloke on a guitar forum. And so should anyone.
Nobody told anyone this was the be all end all of info on the swine flu. Quite the opposite. I just don't understand the reason for putting down his efforts, as he was not biased towards this or that. (From what I understood. English is not my main language, but I do think I can understand most of it.)

Also from experience, I don't think Rob had any interest of luring people to believe anything else than what they learned themselves.

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess I just failed to see the agenda.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode