Tendonitis, OUCH! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Tendonitis, OUCH!

any one got any good cures for tendonitis. luckily it's in my picking hand so it's not to much of a problem. Yngwie Malmsteen was told 'bananas' by Richie Blackmore. anyone got any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:01 AM

Re: Tendonitis, OUCH!

Theres no cure unless you stop whats causing it in the first place. I have it really bad in both sholder joints.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Theres no cure unless you stop whats causing it in the first place. I have it really bad in both sholder joints.
unfortunately I think youre right, I have it in both elbows (tennis elbow) and ive tried everything - nothing works that ive found yet except rest..
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 11:46 AM
tTz

I've got it in both hands, had it for a little over a year. Take it from me: there is no cure. I've not played guitar for almost two whole months, and there's been virtually no improvement. Fancy wrist braces that I got from the physio haven't helped either, and I'm still on the waiting list for proper physio treatment. I may never be able to go back to playing guitar again. I can't tell you how depressing that thought is.

Bottom line: if you think you have tendonitis, STOP whatever you are doing IMMEDIATELY, get a doctor's appointment, take anti-inflammatory medicine (ie ibruprofen, though I think aspirin is also anti-inflammatory?) and DO NOT go back to whatever has caused the problem in the first place until you've seen a qualified medical professional.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 12:16 PM

Sort out your picking technique.

I'd bet you're playing with way too much tension.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Yep, exactly...

I know a guy who played with way too much tension all the time that he now can never pick up a guitar again (So it's serious business!)

It's very important that you RELAX when you play.

Just get some rest, and it will work out...

All the best!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tTz View Post
Bottom line: if you think you have tendonitis, STOP whatever you are doing IMMEDIATELY, get a doctor's appointment, take anti-inflammatory medicine (ie ibruprofen, though I think aspirin is also anti-inflammatory?) and DO NOT go back to whatever has caused the problem in the first place until you've seen a qualified medical professional.

Theres no real proof that Anit-inflammitory meds actually do anything for it. I'm on Naprosyn and Flexeril, and I've had Cortisone injections into my shoulders both of which have had very little affect on it. IF you stop what is causing it, it can take months for it to heal itself depending on the damage.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:01 PM
tTz

Quote:
Theres no real proof that Anit-inflammitory meds actually do anything for it. I'm on Naprosyn and Flexeril, and I've had Cortisone injections into my shoulders both of which have had very little affect on it. IF you stop what is causing it, it can take months for it to heal itself depending on the damage.

Too true, too true. Ibruprofen has done f-all for me so far, and I don't want to get any injections, I've heard that they can weaken the tendons in the long-term, so I'd never be able to play guitar again. How did you get it in your shoulders btw, if you don't mind me asking?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:18 PM

My work, nothing but repeditive motion over and over for years.

the whole "cortisone shots are bad for you" thing is pritty overblown. If you get a lot of them over a short time (like weeks apart), and for a long time (year +) then yes, they can do a lot of damage, from muscle and tendon breakdown to Auto immune issues and infections.. If you safely spread the injections to once every 3 months or no more than 4 in a years span, then you should be fine. I've had 5 in my general back area, and Tuesday I get to go to a hospitol to get injection directly into my Facet joints and disks in my lower back. (I suffer from Degenerative Disc Disease)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

thanx guys. i actually got it from scratch building a playhouse/pirate den for my boys at the bottom of the garden.all that constant hammering, sawing drilling sanding painting etc i'm just glad it's not in my fretting hand
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:13 AM

Reviews: 2

try the natural cures. medical science seems to only produce crap like Vioxx for joint pains.

http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/secretmore.html
http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=293
http://www.curetendonitis.com/
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 AM

Money isn't in the cures, it's in the treatment
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 PM

those websites are full of ****....
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
those websites are full of ****....
Based on what evidence? From personal experience? If so Id like to hear the stories so others will know they arent legit. Lets hear the stories of how you used the products and werent helped. I know people are skeptical of natural healing but if youre hurting why not try a non corporate drug company alternative.

Tags
picking technique , playing guitar , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode