Test drive turns Deadly!?!?! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Test drive turns Deadly!?!?!

MSN home page I found an artical that I was kinda dumb founded on.

Says the salesman took the vehicle too 100 MPH, crashed, kills one of the potential Buyers. Obviously his job is gone. The police found BAC to be .06, which the laws states you are legally "drunk" at .08. Whatever... go drink hand sanitizer and blow, bet your legally "dead" from Overdosing.

Then the artical kind of takes A WHOLE different outlook all of a sudden. They found THC in his system. So what. Big deal. Whoo. Another pot smoker. but they tagged him with all that and the marijuana just adds to it. 80 some percent of americans use it. get into an accident and thats automaticlly to blame. Even though it is in his system for up to 60 days (THC) DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS HIGH AT WORK, But they have to blame it on something. Nice work by our Police Forces.... ILL BLAME THE ALCOHOL AND STUPIDITY OVER ANYTHING ELSE with this artical. I beg to Differ. the pot is what CASUED the whole thing?, YEAH RIGHT...... I love The media, they really make our lives entertaining.

The secret to a VERY healthy economy is right there but no one really wants it I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 AM

Re: Test drive turns Deadly!?!?!

Always happens, I dont do one drug period. I have terrible migraines and I dont want anything to fk me up any more BUT, I dislike alcohol more then mj. Alcohol is more dangerous, just pot smells like **** and the sense of smell generally hurts me since my headaches. So Im fine with personal use of it you know. Every system has its problems, Idk what else to say haha.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Reviews: 2

I don't smoke anything. I have asthma and I figure I don't need to be breathing in burnt whatever. Plus pot just smells like...well terrible.

I also quite enjoy a good drink.

That said, I really don't understand all the pot hate in the US. It's like people don't know it's the least harmful drug in the world or something. It's just silly.

Plus if we could grow industrial hemp (don't get me started on people who don't know the difference from industrial hemp and weed) we would solve tons of problems. Pollution, resources, all that Green stuff, paper quality, it's stronger than steel or something like that as well as being lighter so think of the safety/gas mileage on a car built from it, etc etc.

In Short:
The media fails and people are stupid sheep.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Also you can't fix stupid in general, no matter what something like this will most likely happen no matter if everything is legal or illegal. So I mean finding what drugs he took is nearly irrelevant haha.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbles View Post
MSN home page I found an artical that I was kinda dumb founded on.

Says the salesman took the vehicle too 100 MPH, crashed, kills one of the potential Buyers. Obviously his job is gone. The police found BAC to be .06, which the laws states you are legally "drunk" at .08. Whatever... go drink hand sanitizer and blow, bet your legally "dead" from Overdosing.

Then the artical kind of takes A WHOLE different outlook all of a sudden. They found THC in his system. So what. Big deal. Whoo. Another pot smoker. but they tagged him with all that and the marijuana just adds to it. 80 some percent of americans use it. get into an accident and thats automaticlly to blame. Even though it is in his system for up to 60 days (THC) DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS HIGH AT WORK, But they have to blame it on something. Nice work by our Police Forces.... ILL BLAME THE ALCOHOL AND STUPIDITY OVER ANYTHING ELSE with this artical. I beg to Differ. the pot is what CASUED the whole thing?, YEAH RIGHT...... I love The media, they really make our lives entertaining.

The secret to a VERY healthy economy is right there but no one really wants it I guess.

You understand you can get a DWI at .01 if the cop can prove you are "impaired" to some extent, right?

And you should probably hit the "spell check" button before you start wantonly calling people stupid. The major issue here, that guy was a direct representation of the industry. And you sir, are high if you think 80 percent of americans routinely use marijuana. MAYBE the "has/have/had" thing, but not routinely.

Its disgusting to me, personally, that you are more offended the article talks about pot smoking then the people that died.

Axehappy ->

The problem americans have with pot grows from a social stigma. I personally dont see any difference between myself going out to bar and getting drunk, or going to a "hookah" lounge and getting baked.
Granted, I stay away from the stuff because my company drug tests, but otherwise I would have zero issues with it. They are doing a good job of marketing over here "marijauna smoke is 4 times more dangerous then cigarrettes" ... Yeah right, whens the last time you've seen someone smoke "2 packs of weed a day"... thatd be a bit... cost prohibitive. Its just more public ignorance.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Wasnt talking about the people who died or the number of people who use pot. OH WELL. My point was that they pretty much blamed it on the pot. Not the Booze.... Ill take my chances on pot in a driving test or whatever, but not alcohol. and they turned the entire story into a antipot campain, just got a giggle out of the media's take on it with adding pot to it. So what if he used, didnt mean he was high when it happend....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

and I really dont care for spelling and yes I do know the law to some extent. Just saying I was leaning more towards the booze being the cause. but I get your point. .6 being really buzzed for me .8 would be my off balance point So yes legally DRUNK. I dont drink much.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 AM

I have to say, I think that an A-hole driving a car WITH PASSENGERS at 100mph was the probable cause of death. ANY form of drug's; alcohol, pot or otherwise in his system at the time just goes to prove what a piece of **** he is. The media's take on it is appalling, disheartening, and unfortunately.........typical.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I have to say, I think that an A-hole driving a car WITH PASSENGERS at 100mph was the probable cause of death. ANY form of drug's; alcohol, pot or otherwise in his system at the time just goes to prove what a piece of **** he is. The media's take on it is appalling, disheartening, and unfortunately.........typical.
BTW..... I forgot to add that I TRULY hope the guy rots in jail for the rest of his life, then burns in hell afterward!!!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Drugs aren't the problem cause all societies had/have their own drugs,the problem is users.
If they use drugs in their houses,bedrooms whatever there'll be no drunk/baked whatever dumb people killing whole families on the streets.
Drunk drivers kill more than any other drug user.
STILL using any drug on the streets is wrong cause inocent people pay the bills.
Do use whatever you want inside your house and if you kill your whole family,that'd be your problem and not inocent people's nightmare.
I worked a couple of years for brazilian police as a rescue diver(I'm a scuba diving and skydiving instructor) and so many times I(we) were called to take cars out of the rivers cause drunk/high people after hit another car and in several times killed families,fell in a river.
Whatever you do inside the house is your problem
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Drugs aren't the problem cause all societies had/have their own drugs,the problem is users.
If they use drugs in their houses,bedrooms whatever there'll be no drunk/baked whatever dumb people killing whole families on the streets.
Drunk drivers kill more than any other drug user.
STILL using any drug on the streets is wrong cause inocent people pay the bills.
Do use whatever you want inside your house and if you kill your whole family,that'd be your problem and not inocent people's nightmare.
I worked a couple of years for brazilian police as a rescue diver(I'm a scuba diving and skydiving instructor) and so many times I(we) were called to take cars out of the rivers cause drunk/high people after hit another car and in several times killed families,fell in a river.
Whatever you do inside the house is your problem
I agree with you mostly. The problem is these said drugs impair your judgement and perception, so what you would think you wouldnt do sober, you may end up doing when youre incapacitated.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
I agree with you mostly. The problem is these said drugs impair your judgement and perception, so what you would think you wouldnt do sober, you may end up doing when youre incapacitated.
Well if you're sober you could say you'd never drive a car drunk/high but when you're drunk/high you have no judgement,you're free to do whatever appears in front of you including flying like superman from a high building.OF COURSE there are levels of being high but still when judgement levels are low nothing good could come out of it
I have nothing against drugs but as I always played a lot of sports I always kept/keep my body 100% health,I TRIED some drugs because life is about esperimentations,if you don't experiment you have nothing to teach to your friends or kids.A decade ago a friend of mine who is a doctor helped me trying cocaine and heroine.
But I never was an addicted.
So if people decide to toast their brains that's their business WHILE they keep it inside their houses.
We just had carnival holydays here and in 4 DAYS 180 died on the roads/streets because of drunk/high drivers.
Add a bunch more because of drunk/high people fighting because of chicks and some other dumb stuff.
You, me, our families or friends could be in that list,killed by a moron who decided to use drugs outside the house.

Tags
news

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode