are there aliens among us? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
are there aliens among us?

I had a talk with someone about what's out in space. he gave all kinds of info. what scared me was how he said in order to travel through space you must control time. he talked calmly and didn't stumble. freaky dude!
vaitamin7v is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:29 PM
 
CosmicDebris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond VA, USA
Posts: 3,980
Re: are there aliens among us?

If they are they had better have green cards or we should deport them.
CosmicDebris is offline  
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 2,645
Re: are there aliens among us?

you wouldn't nessicarly have to control time. theoretically you could bend the space time fabric .

think of a peice of paper with two dots on it . What is the best way to connect the dots ?




if you say a stright line your wrong. Fold the peice of paper so the dots are touching.


large objects like planets and stars actaully bend the space time fabric because they have a lot mass. This is the logic behind gravity. You could say that gravity pulls the moon around the earth and the earth is pulled around the sun. However you could say that the moon is falling around the earth and the earth falling around the sun.

so to sum it up, we could make space travel possible (very very highly unlikly) if we could have something create or withstand very very very intense gravity.
j.arledge is offline  
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cambridge/Memphis/Nashville
Posts: 3,769
Re: are there aliens among us?

I need a Tylenol...
waylay00 is offline  
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,271
Re: are there aliens among us?

I'm sure that Tom Cruise is either an alien or a robot.
HeavyMetal4Ever is offline  
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
 
JJEMMER777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373
Re: are there aliens among us?

Yep!! We most definitely are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
If they are they had better have green cards
I don't need a Green Card, I'm an Alien. We're naturally green




Okay, but if you insist, here are my green cards (one of them is fake though)


JJEMMER777 is offline  
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
 
CosmicDebris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond VA, USA
Posts: 3,980
Re: are there aliens among us?

Could have done without that topless pic of you
CosmicDebris is offline  
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:46 PM
 
Moibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canton,GA
Posts: 466
Re: are there aliens among us?

Jim, if you keep it up with your topless posts, I will resort to mine!
Moibanez is offline  
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
 
JJEMMER777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373
Re: are there aliens among us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moibanez View Post
Jim, if you keep it up with your topless posts,
Jeeze....no offense, but aliens don't wear clothes


and dude,,,,bro........if you post your topless pic, I'm making my "topless" pic my new Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
Could have done without that topless pic of you
Sorry to excite you
JJEMMER777 is offline  
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Moibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canton,GA
Posts: 466
Re: are there aliens among us?

Ah screw it! I am an alien! A ****ing fat one!!!!!!!!
Moibanez is offline  
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 879
Re: are there aliens among us?

Oh, I don't doubt that there is life on other planets. But I find it highly unlikely that they have mastered space travel. Why would they? We haven't. And by space travel, I mean space TRAVEL.

And besides, to travel to our planet means traveling for atleast a few years at the speed of light. And attaining the speed of light is impossible. Wormholes are impossible to find, and their property of "spitting you out somewhere else" is too damn general and just a theory. If it IS true, then how can you control that?

What would make them interested in us? Would they even exist on the same plane as us? I love how people assume they would have eyes, or breath oxygen, or breath, or hear, or even have senses. Could they have developed in an environment so VASTLY different that any relation to them, even one little thing in common, like having reason (reason defined by us), is non existent?

The only possible explanation of aliens being among us is that they are in fact USO's, or unidentified submerged objects, and they live deep in the oceans and fly out to us; this means that they have some earthly characteristics. Probably. But you'd think that we'd find them.

I believe that it's safe to say that any life out there has no more technology than us.
Smitty
Smitty is offline  
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
 
Moibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canton,GA
Posts: 466
Re: are there aliens among us?

too late
Moibanez is offline  
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lake Balboa, CA
Posts: 217
Re: are there aliens among us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
So to sum it up, we could make space travel possible (very very highly unlikly) if we could have something create or withstand very very very intense gravity.
Not that we could survive such gravity.....

Anywho.
Are there aliens?
My personal belief is that we are the aliens.
Just something to ponder....
RAI6 is offline  
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
 
JJEMMER777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373
Re: are there aliens among us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAI6 View Post
My personal belief is that we are the aliens.
Shhh....they (the societally programmed public) aren't supposed to know


and....eh hem......alright Moib......

Do you really want to subject our fine members to such??
JJEMMER777 is offline  
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 77
Re: are there aliens among us?

They are sure in the movies :O I am watching Cloverfield. I would nuke that thing BOOM!!!!!!
ranman2u is offline  
Reply

Tags
david mccarroll , steve vai

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video game thread Davey Off-topic / Miscellaneous 92 07-18-2008 03:52 AM
Aliens? Eddie_UV777 Off-topic / Miscellaneous 40 08-29-2006 10:25 AM
USA Custom "Alien's Revenge" - trying to find more informati thark All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 10 07-14-2001 06:08 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome