They grow up so fast! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 120
Smile They grow up so fast!

Well my little man Ronin is 8 months old this Thursday. Growing up so quickly, he's almost crawling. Yesterday was one of the most exciting developmental milestones though. He said his first word - Dadda! Needless to say I was very chuffed.

Just wanted to share with my friends here, it was very exciting.
LonePhantom is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Re: They grow up so fast!

You sure he hadn't just done a big'un in his nappy and announced it with "da daaa"

Nice one mate Make sure once he starts crawling all those guitars are safely out of reach
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Hehe, congratulations, that's so cool! My little man's first word was Dadda too, but for a few weeks we weren't sure if he was just making the sound or if he actually meant it as a word. Then one day I came home from work and he pointed at me and went "DADDA!!!"

It gets even better from here on in. Now my son asks to hear 'Jump' by Van Halen, and he does impressions of Mr Burns and Homer Simpson. And at exactly 7:30 every night he goes "Dadda? Goodnight. Bed now. Brush teethies."
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Wow, how very cool! Enjoy all these moments!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 05:03 PM

hey loanphantom, very cool man. i forgot you beat us by a day! our little guy will be 8 months on friday. he said dada a couple weeks ago but i'm not sure if he knew what he was saying or not. no crawling over here except for going backwards...maybe in a couple weeks? isn't it weird how time flies! seems like you and i were just in the hospital. can't believe it's been 8 months!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Tell me about it! Exciting stuff for you too. Ronin actually looks at me when he says it so he seems to know what it relates too which is really cool.
LonePhantom is online  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: They grow up so fast!

Everyone of my kids first words were Da Da...a reference, I figured, to Alice Coopers often overlooked but masterful album from 1983...Seeing this thread maybe they were talking about something else...

I was always so proud that they got into the Coop so young...maybe not though huh?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

OK then...
LonePhantom is online  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM

I remember when (Matthew) my first Son was born, he was still covered with goo when the nurse handed him to me as I looked him in the eyes and said....Dada.

Every time I picked him up to feed him I would look him in the eyes and say to him.....Dada.

When I would change him I would look him in the eyes and say to him.....Dada.

Every time I picked him up to play with him I would look him in the eyes and say to him.....Dada.

Every time I would put him to bed for a nap or put him down for the night I would look him in the eyes and say to him.....Dada.

Every time I would play with his toys with him I would look him in the eyes and say to him.....Dada.

Then came the day of his first word!!!! Of course what was the first word that came out of his mouth?

Yep, you guessed it..................................Mama.

Last edited by TKO Ken; 01-09-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

and after all that work!
LonePhantom is online  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode