Things that tickle you - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Talking Things that tickle you

No I'm not talking about that cardigan your gran knitted you, I'm talking about hitting the funny bone

We all get times where something happens that makes us personally laugh, but others not so much. It's like this morning, I was driving down the street and saw one of those 'mobile libraries' (you know, like a huge bus full of books that travels to places where people aren't likely to make it to the real library.)

Anyway, the thing was filthy and some kid (I presume it was a kid) had scrawled right across it "Pimp My Library".... nothing major I know! but I was still fighting back the tears whilst I was driving. Who knows why? Maybe it is funny, maybe it's just me.

Anyone got any stories that got there funny bone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Things that tickle you

Usually stupid ironic things get me.
One place I worked had a sign up in the men's locker room:

Mens Locker room
Staff Only

Dunno, I was amused, sophomoric, but it stuck.

Things like buying a new HDTV to watch the playoff games and the Superbowl is foggy and all the cameras have water on the lenses. PERFECT !

The end scene in four rooms (Tarantino) had me gasping for air with tears in my eyes. I wish I could see that again for the 1st time.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 07:42 PM

Hmmm, interesting topic. For some reason I always come quite close to laughing when I see people kissing in public. Never understood why

I also smile a lot when I'm listening to music. Some tricks of the violin really make me laugh.

Oh and when I see middle aged rich people on the street looking frantically around to find an expensive shopping place, and talking in that stupid manner of theirs with their friedns, I laugh.

Hmm, I'll post some other ones if I happen to remember/live any. Let's see what other laugh at
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 07:53 PM

There is some guy in, I think Sweden, who has managed to release two albums of himself singing Elvis Presley songs to a Karaoke machine - he can't sing in tune, he can't keep time, and I don't think he can speak English - a friend of mine insists on playing it as dinner music, which has us in tears of laughter within thirty seconds or so.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Pat Boone with his new (should I say old) Heavy Metal album.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Mood-Mor.../dp/B000005KOE

http://www.skypoint.com/members/schutz19/patboone.htm
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
That whole website has me in tears right now. I keep hitting the wrong buttons on my computer trying to navigate the website cause I'm laughing so hard.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:43 PM

yeah, I wanted to use that particular photo as our first album cover.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post

The end scene in four rooms (Tarantino) had me gasping for air with tears in my eyes. I wish I could see that again for the 1st time.
Four rooms is great, aye?

I've asked loads of people and I thought me and my friend were the only ones who had heard of it!

The whole dead prostitute room was great, too.

What makes me laugh:

Dirty Sanchez (the show, not the act of, you perverts)
Balls of Steel - what a great show.

OK, once I was in a math lesson. I sat near the back left corner, in a group of my friends. One of my friends is a bit of a pyro, and he brought in the magnesium squealer bit from a firework. Anyhoo, while the teacher is writing on the board, he slips it onto the floor, under my chair and lights it. The damned thing lights up bright red, starts giving off red smoke and squeals about the corner area where me and my friends are sitting. The teacher turns around, already red in the face from trying to discipline the class, and shouts at me. (because I was going mental, I hate explosives/fireworks near me) I turn around, and look at him, he says

'Myles WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?'

All I could think about was the heat I felt brushing past my feet, and I was thinking 'Christ, for a minute there I almost shat myself'

BUT me being me and not being able to do two things at once, i.e., think and speak, I said '...Shat myself'

Whole class starts laughing and it takes me a second to realise what I've said.

The memory of the intrigued/horrified look on my teachers face as he looked from the red smoke, and back to me, will never leave me. It always makes me giggle to myself.

Tags
david mccarroll , heavy metal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode