Ibanez JEM Forum banner

thoughts about a Finishing section in the forum

Tags
finishing
2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  AlaskaBat 
#1 ·
I know that each section on our beloved forums MUST be a massive amount of work to maintain (and expensive too...) so I feel a bit greedy in asking this, but what are the possibilities of starting up a sub-section in the toolbox catagory dedicated to all things finishing, and re-finishing. I know there are a few websites around the web that offer fabulous tutorials and such, but I've not found a place for discussion on the topic.

In addition, after reading many posts here at Jemsite on the topic of re-finishing/finish repairs...etc. It seems to me that we could use a consolidated format for those discussions. Just my thoughts..............

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Ryc

#2 · (Edited)
I would love to see that. There's a lot of good stuff on Jemsite about this kind of thing but it's just so spread out and takes
time to find what your looking for. A section like this would/should cut down people asking over and over again the same question such as "how to swirl..
There should be some stickys...the maple neck cleaning by HDS for example. The section could also be about body mods (routing for a floating trem, getting a
neck to fit properly in the body when buying a neck and body separately etc.)
I think a section like this is overdue...

#12 ·
OK, graphic injuries aside (get well soon Rodzo, and no, we don't need a surgery forum), I think for the moment that we can keep re-finishing threads in the tech section (it's a modification afterall) and if we start to get a lot of refinishing threads I think we might be able to advise.

I'll raise it at the next moderators lodge meeting and see what the high council's decision is ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.