tired of ppl on youtube - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 PM

Re: tired of ppl on youtube

I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago. There is certainly a group of punks out there that love to bash great guitar players as if they are better. On youtube, I saw one kid claim to be better than Clapton, so I looked at his profile and he was like 21 or 22. I'm not saying all the younger people are ignorant, but most of the negative comments are from people that were not even alive or were in diapers when a lot of these virtuosos they love to slam were in bands selling out stadiums world wide. Not only are these guys the heroes to a lot of people in this forum, but they also helped design and develope a lot of the high end gear you see today and they deserve respect. I'm going to steal an Eisenhower quote he used while referring to the heroes of D-Day.."We may never see their kind again".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 AM

I found there are a lot of racist comments on youtube. That stuff is BS.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: tired of ppl on youtube

Many "kids" just post crap for the heck of it and it's annoying but you got to take youtube for what it is, good and bad!
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Most comments are drivel, and people just say them on YouTube because they can easily hide behind them. I wouldn't mind it if YouTube allowed users to insert a comment "content filter" of some sort that searched for particular words and just deleted those comments that said "F--- this" or something similar. that might weed out some of the annoying comments. Not all of them, but some of them.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM

Talking Re: tired of ppl on youtube

i think the nay sayers are funny!!!
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataGuitarist View Post
It kinda seems like people do it now just to keep the (stupid) tradition alive.

Like when you come upon an undeniably awesome Eric Johnson live tune, showcasing his amazing talent, and one comment simply states:

"F*cking blows"

That kind of ignorance doesn't lead people to EJ videos. Rather it looks like someone coudn't ignore the absence of a negative comment for the vid, and felt compelled to "balance it out".

Just a theory...

btw, yngwie sucks

hey man, i got the joke!!

Last edited by cmd130; 05-25-2007 at 01:49 PM.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd130 View Post
hey man, i got the joke!!
*smack*
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Old thread!!! he made a joke and got right back with another but he thought I was serious at any rate it really is none of you business! so stop quoting me to nit pick if you don't know the facts...
Things become public business when people make them public. I.e. with your public accusation of hypocrisy.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred View Post
What the hell is wrong with this guy?
Olie seems to only have the capacity to ever see one point of view, which he attempts very, very badly to defend.

There are numerous threads where this is evident.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Things become public business when people make them public. I.e. with your public accusation of hypocrisy.
Hello it was a joke!!! anybody home!!! as I said before mind your own business and stay out of things that do not concern you!
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Olie seems to only have the capacity to ever see one point of view, which he attempts very, very badly to defend.

There are numerous threads where this is evident.
If you have something against me speak plainly!!! I already asked you to stay out of things that don't concern you. so chill out!
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
If you have something against me speak plainly!!! I already asked you to stay out of things that don't concern you. so chill out!
Hey dude, I have nothing against you at all!! It's just that your aguments seem to consist of:

Disagree.

Disagree some more.

Insult someone.

They're all idiots. They're all wrong. There is only one view.

Insult someone and tell them they're crazy.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM

You have to take the good with the bad. A lot of very rare and unusual stuff is posted on youtube along with a lot of rubbish. The good stuff: bootleg concert stuff, foreign tv performances(Japanese love guitar), classic performances (1950's Chet Atkins comes to mind). Remember my young friend the difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance can re measured and has limits-sadly there are people constantly expanding the limits and boundries of poor taste in all areas of life.
Youtube has turned me on to Chris Broderick, Jeff Loomis, Vincente Amigo,
Greg Howe, Michael Lee Firkins, Johnny Hiland....etc. As for the terrible playing( no timing,no vibrato, bending notes sharp or flat,thin buzzy tone, out of key playing,the guitar not being tuned to the backing track,enough delay on the sound for ten Dokken cds, the mindless shred licks-please theres life beyond the keys of A minor and E minor, the awesome sweep videos-we can hear the low note and the high note-the stuff in the middle that makes it major/minor/augmented or diminished is unintelligable mush),yes theres such a thing as too much gain: these are the same people who put ketchup on everything...NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.....LOL)-theres a reason why
a lot of us only buy online or during the week-so we can keep this noise out of our lives. On a positive note there is some cool luthier stuff occaisionally on
youtube. The Austrailian board member Jimmy spring to mind-great pickup information and a very good player.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Hey dude, I have nothing against you at all!! It's just that your aguments seem to consist of:

Disagree.

Disagree some more.

Insult someone.

They're all idiots. They're all wrong. There is only one view.

Insult someone and tell them they're crazy.
First of all you are not a mod! what I do or say as long as it is not directed to you is not of your concern! so why would you want to butt in...?
secondly if things were as you state I would have already been banned from the site, (just because with did not see eye to eye in a couple threads you seem to have it out for me) and yes, I have insulted members in the past and that was a mistake I rectified, so your accusations are a bit defamatory, moreover if I want to disagree on someones post or thread it is my perogative, right? after all this is a forum, so please let's bury the hatchet!!!

Tags
backing track , chris broderick , eric johnson , guitar players , guitar playing , jeff loomis , johnny hiland , michael lee , michael lee firkins , rusty cooley , shawn lane , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode