Top Gun: Maverick - Your thoughts? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Top Gun: Maverick - Your thoughts?

Here is an "interesting" trailer:

The interesting part is in the final shot. There is a black, stealthy plane that does not look like the U.S.'s other black, stealthy planes. Does anyone know what that plane happens to be?

Otherwise, what are your thoughts/feelings about this movie? It seems like it might be a big deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 08:28 AM

Re: Top Gun: Maverick - Your thoughts?

I can't wait to see it. There are a few Pilots on YouTube commenting on the aerial action seen in this trailer. Interesting stuff..
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:25 AM

Hmm... That is a different one. I thought it was one of the Chinese Xian H-20's (copy of our B2 Spirit) at first, but it's definitely not.
FireEagle is online  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

I watched a pilot's reaction YouTube video and while he seemed excited about the movie, I think he was more excited about having the opportunity to explain to people what they are seeing and how it works.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 04:11 AM

The Pilot I watched commented that the multi-plane sequences involved closer flying than they would in normal operations. Necessary to achieve more exciting visuals (e.g. where "Mav" flies up between the two trainees). He also didn't recognise the stealth prototype..

I hope the movie doesn't plagiarise too much from the first film but that might be too much to ask for with motorcycle runs alongside the runway, bar sing-alongs, death of a pilot and beach volleyball already shown in the Trailer..
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 12:41 AM

will there be a Hot Shots remake as well?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 AM

I loved the original movie. I hope this meets expectations.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:07 AM

I cant wait to see this!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM

Yay! Tom Cruise is back at it again!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 01:45 PM

I honestly think Hollywood needs to keep classic movies.. classic movies and not try to revise every single smash hit bring some form of it back again. They do this all too often.. Hows about working on your creativity and originality for a change Hollywood?? ...That being said i still think it might be worth watching haha!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 07:55 PM

Reviews: 6

I have mixed feelings about it. I'm a bit of an aviation and flight sim nerd, but at the same time I'm tired of Hollywood alternating between crapping out remakes/re-visits of old IPs and comic book movies. Additionally, I have an irrational dislike of Tom Cruise (even before it became apparent he was a total space cadet). In saying that, I have lots of flight sim buddies who won't shut up about it, so I'll probably end up watching it (when I am sure no one is watching)!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
I have mixed feelings about it. I'm a bit of an aviation and flight sim nerd, but at the same time I'm tired of Hollywood alternating between crapping out remakes/re-visits of old IPs and comic book movies. Additionally, I have an irrational dislike of Tom Cruise (even before it became apparent he was a total space cadet). In saying that, I have lots of flight sim buddies who won't shut up about it, so I'll probably end up watching it (when I am sure no one is watching)!
This is a useful article, I am very thankful for that, please contribute more!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2020, 03:49 PM

Don't care if its cheesy, I can't wait for this movie!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 12:01 AM

Reviews: 1

I heard from some people that were on the carrier this was shot from that he was a complete A-hole. People were told not to even look at him as he walked through their midst.
I'll not watch it if that is in fact true. eff Cruise.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
I heard from some people that were on the carrier this was shot from that he was a complete A-hole. People were told not to even look at him as he walked through their midst.
I'll not watch it if that is in fact true. eff Cruise.
I would like to know what kind of plane he is flying at the end of the trailer? Otherwise, Iím with you on not seeing it. Also, movies arenít really an option for the foreseeable future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode