Tow Trucks........ - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 18
Angry Tow Trucks........

I hate the jackasses that drive them and the people who work at these places, they are the biggest pieces of shyte in the world and completely uneducated and rude beyond belief, enough said.

Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Re: Tow Trucks........

Can you elaborate more?

Brought to you by Carl Jr.'s
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM

Wow!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Tow trucks, roll-backs and their crews have helped me out on several occasions.

Did your car break down and need towing, or was it towed from a parking space?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 11:03 AM

Repo Man get ya?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Tow truck dudes, service folks, cable guys, the utility types, movers...they all smoke. Or so it seems.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Yeah, no one is as great as you guys. Everyone is beneath you.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 PM

I'm a HVAC service dude, install dude and estimating in the office dude, depending upon what needs to be done. I don't smoke, so I guess I don't fit the mold.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 AM

two days ago, i had a cable guy fix my internet connection

he was a very nice fellow.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I hate the jackasses that drive them and the people who work at these places, they are the biggest pieces of shyte in the world and completely uneducated and rude beyond belief, enough said.

Jimmy
Some might say that is a rude and uneducated generalisation.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 AM

Reviews: 1

You know he was towed...lol
Been there...
It sux.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 18

Alright guys, I was severely miffed at the time I started this thread and if I offended anyone by my comments, my sincerest apologies......

To elaborate more on the subject.. My home owners association has, in an effort to do some needed updates, decided to repave our parking lot and paint it to mimic a mall parking lot. Apparently some yahoo in our community has been complaining enough about a lack of guest parking spots which, if you live in fairfax county there isn't a lack of, cause inconvenience to his guests when he has parties at his house. The group of townhomes where my house is does not have an issue. However, this person lives in another street and prides on eyeing other people's living areas (why? I have no clue). Even since I moved into my neighborhood, no one in our block has had a problem with parking, and most of the houses in our block have at least 4 bedrooms, so having more than 2 cars isn't out of the ordinary.

The HOA, has set up new rules and they dictate that if a home owner is to have guests staying for a longer period of time, they aro to park by the pool which is 3 blocks away. Meanwhile, anyone who wishes to park on guest spots may do so at anytime, how twisted is that?????

This past saturday, my uncle came to visit us for a short period ot time to drop something off and he got towed. To make things even prettier, the towing fee was $150 bucks. Yes, $150 dollars to to a car less than 5 blocks, hence my utter outrage at the whole situation and why I think so low of tow truck drivers and towing yards in Northern Virginia (they are ran by rednecks, and I'm not kidding).

I was so appalled and disgusted at the way the towing guy talked to me on the phone that I was so ready to go postal on him. What's worse (and bothered me the most) was that I know my uncle would have had a very difficult time trying to recoup that money, so I paid for the towing fee because a) it really wasn't his fault b) he was a guest of mine and c) it would be easier for me to recoup that money.

When I spoke to the manager of the property, he had no comments to retort with. I even told him that I would be willing to increase the monthly dues to get more services for the community that would be really needed instead of making the parking lot look like a mall parking lot. Again, he had no comments.

That's what has been on my mind...

Jimmy
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Many tow truck compaies are crooked, even here in Phoenix. I would complain that the car should not have been towed and demand the money back from the management... Or just hire another crooked tow comapny to get the managers car.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 PM

That sucks man. You just got f#cked plain and simple. I'd be pissed too. HOA's can screw you that way, or more likely the other homeowners who follow the rules a bit too tightly!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM

jb.... man that sounds like something right out of a retirement community! You're not THAT old are you!?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode