Trade deal recommendations... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Trade deal recommendations...

So, I have great feedback at 45 @ 100% positive but a member with zero feedback wants to do a long distance trade deal.

I asked him send to me his item and I would ship after receiving it. Kind of like waiting for payment before shipping. He is not excited about that. I have nothing to judge him on, so I don't know what else to try.

Anybody have any ideas? Let me know how you do your trades with someone that has no feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Re: Trade deal recommendations...

thats very risky mate.you can see by your trader ratings that your genuine,id do a swap deal with ya.its to high risk dealing with a non established member here.id give it a miss if i were you.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 AM

Reviews: 25

This is where my idea comes into place, where I have a business that is basically a third party and both parties send their items to me and once I get both, I pass them on for a small fee :P
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 AM

Reviews: 13

I feel for the guy if he is genuine and just isn't established online. I have done basically zero dealing with anyone on here, except IbanezDaemon who I bought a couple of guitars off. But I know I am totally trustworthy. I can see your concern though and I wouldn't be comfortable sending my gear blind. I think IbanezFreak777 is spot-on with his business. Send it to a trusted third party on both sides.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM

It's a tough one and whilst I can appreciate the other guy in question having some reservations, your feedback on here is exemplary. I personally would send you a guitar of mine first no problem at all.

If the other party has little checkable online trading references I would by all means expect him to send me the item first. You'd also have to take into account the value of the items being traded as well. If it appears to be high risk go with your instinct which I would assume would mean passing on the trade unless he fulfils his part of the deal first.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

I was the new guy on this forum once, and I am currently the new guy on a couple other forums right now. I am all about working out a deal with anyone that isn't already listed as a trouble maker. I am NOT saying he is a bad guy, he actually seems quite nice, just too new for me to send a guitar too without receiving payment(trade) first. I just can't think of any other way but to receive his item first then send mine.

Actually, this could also be a great feedback Ice-Breaker for him. I asked him to review my feedback page, and gave him my e bay ID with excellent feedback as well. I am waiting to hear what he decides.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Reviews: 37

i would say your established and hes not so he takes a way smaller risk.
let him send first or forget it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

New guy, or not --everyone's got to start somewhere. Just make sure that both ends provide a valid tracking number.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
New guy, or not --everyone's got to start somewhere. Just make sure that both ends provide a valid tracking number.
but the trouble with that idea is he could send a empty guitar case or a empty cardboard box,weather it has a guitar inside or not it still has a tracking number.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, this was all for nothing. He bailed out on the trade. It was a pretty even deal too.... Unfortunate....

Tags
deal , feedback , trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode