Trying to Sale or Trade Suggs? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Trying to Sale or Trade Suggs?

Hey all! Well I am so ready to get a new guitar. I've had this Jackson Slsmg Soloist for around 5-7 years. It's a nice a ax, but it is fixed bridge and sometimes you just want something new to play with ya know? I want a edge bridge or floyd rose something i can whhhaaalle out on haha.
I was thinking of either trading it or selling it. Just seems it's not that easy of a guitar to sale for some reason. In a week or so I may try ebay but its hard to do trade there. I would even be interested in getting parts at a time, ive read andrewsfury posts and a few others about building guitars. I would love that. My first guitar was an ibanez. I love the feel and sound. I want to go for a good wet solo vai'ish kinda tone.
Well anyways, anyone have suggestions about either of those things. Any advice would be much appreciated. Im new here btw
Thanks \m/ Josh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Trying to Sale or Trade Suggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshL88 View Post
Hey all! Well I am so ready to get a new guitar. I've had this Jackson Slsmg Soloist for around 5-7 years. It's a nice a ax, but it is fixed bridge and sometimes you just want something new to play with ya know? I want a edge bridge or floyd rose something i can whhhaaalle out on haha.
I was thinking of either trading it or selling it. Just seems it's not that easy of a guitar to sale for some reason. In a week or so I may try ebay but its hard to do trade there. I would even be interested in getting parts at a time, ive read andrewsfury posts and a few others about building guitars. I would love that. My first guitar was an ibanez. I love the feel and sound. I want to go for a good wet solo vai'ish kinda tone.
Well anyways, anyone have suggestions about either of those things. Any advice would be much appreciated. Im new here btw
Thanks \m/ Josh.
Welcome

Getting another guitar will never give you "a good wet solo vai'ish kinda tone".
You need Vai pups and amps.
Besides that, Vai has a lot of different tones in his albums so you should pick up the one you want then buy what he used to record it.
But again pups and amps come first.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I thought about should I just upgrade the pickups in my jackson, but the thing is Its a fixed bridge. I want a tremelo bar to play with so bad. My first Ibanez had one, and I liked it but didn't use it to much i was inexperienced at the time. Now I feel like im being held back bc of such. So thats the main main reason I want a new guitar.
As for set-up I've been listening to vai, satriani, petrucci, malmsteen, halen etc etc. But satchs and vai's tone are so amazing, like sex to the ears. Like Tender Surrender. Along with Bad Horsie Top favs. I like the evo sound and also the PAF Joe and breed. All sound good. I love the evo's tho. I want the dp158 and 159 setup so bad. The effects pedal I have is the Boss Gt-6, its good but soo in-depth hard to get a good tone. PRobably should have got something easier, but with it which i have yet to do you can download patches to it. Its nice to have people to converse about guitar it feels sooooo good. I love it so much. lol.

Last edited by JoshL88; 07-21-2011 at 09:15 AM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Welcome! If you're thinking of building one, shoot me a PM and I'll help out. I'm doing a new build right now, and I'm blogging the progress with a tutorial for people to follow along with...

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thanks AlaskaBat. Tutorials are great and a lot of people appreciate them. Thanks for taking the time to do that! If I can just find someone who will trade some decent parts for my Jackson slsmg solost id be on the ball. I'd definitely love to build one, and whether or not I do, I will follow your blog and check it out bro. Thanks again \m/

Tags
guitar , jackson , suggestions , trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode