UEFA Champions League - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

UEFA Champions League

So what did you all think of the opening day?

It's been dissapointing for me. Chelsea held at the Bridge by Rosenborg? Not to take anything away from the Norwegians, but come on. If anything, the game showed how useless Kalou is and how desperate Chelsea are without Lampard. Oh, and Bremen lost Real. No surprises there, but seeing as key players (Frings, Borowski, Fritz) are out a 2-1 loss at the Bernabeau doesn't seem too bad.

I'm tellin ya, these dissapointments are keeping me so worked up I even forget to pick up my guitar at times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Re: UEFA Champions League

OK, we have yet to see how my beloved Man U will fare? I dont think they will score any goals tonite if Louis Saha sits pretty on the bench.

Man U for the treble ...
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
OK, we have yet to see how my beloved Man U will fare? I dont think they will score any goals tonite if Louis Saha sits pretty on the bench.

Man U for the treble ...
Not to cast a downer, but they've been looking pretty shaky. I imagine that United and Chelsea will both be dissapointing us a bit. Hopefully both sides will step their game up for Sundays clash of the titans.
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 AM

Ya I know. They cannot seem to score goals. They have so many new players in the team and they need time to gel working with each other.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM

It was a dissapointing night for British teams last night, but I am confident Man Utd will get a comfortable win tonight, despite their slow strat to the season. Tevez' needs a bit more time to fit in with United and he will soon show why he was worth so much hassle and money. Look at Drogba, his first season with Chelsea was rubbish, but then he just got better and better with time, his goals last season where awesome.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Man U 1 Sporting Lisbon 0. Now Roma for the next match....

Surprisingly the Gunners are firing on all four cylinders in the Premier League and also the Champions League. Is Arsenal a force to be reckoned with???
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM

Yeh, job done for United and an emotional night for Ronaldo. Great night for all British teams

Arsenal are looking like a good solid team, I think they will definitely be the team to beat in the Premiership this campaign, maybe not the Champions League though.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Man oh man, Mourinho was sacked today by Chelsea. Really Shocking...
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Yup, I won't be surprised if Arsenal walk away with the title. Still it's too early. I did see Mourinho's departure coming for a while now. Looks like the romance of his first two seasons is finally up. Wonder who'll replace him?
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 03:43 AM

Guus Hiddink?
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 AM

Apparently, Their lining up a move for former player Didier Deschamps. It did not surprise me Mourihno left, after he sold Robben to Madrid that was really the last straw as Abramovich wanted to keep Him, plus Mourihno never liked the fact he was forced to buy £31m 'flop' Shevchenko.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Eco

Rangers 2 - 1 Stutgart.

Kept me happy for the night

Alan Hutton was superb all night.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=Passion_and_Warfare;720138] despite their slow strat to the season. [QUOTE]

Man utd had a Slow Strat to their season?? figures, you'll never score many goals with Eric Clapton up front, he's older than teddy sheringham. What is Fergie playing at??

Arsenal looking strong! Not sure what Fabregas is doing differently to last year but it sure seems to be working!
ibaraki_gaijin is online  
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=ibaraki_gaijin;720536][QUOTE=Passion_and_Warfare;720138] despite their slow strat to the season.
Quote:

Man utd had a Slow Strat to their season?? figures, you'll never score many goals with Eric Clapton up front, he's older than teddy sheringham. What is Fergie playing at??

Arsenal looking strong! Not sure what Fabregas is doing differently to last year but it sure seems to be working!
What was he playing at when he sold Ruud? Don't mess with Fergie, he needs no explanations.

Fabregas is clearly pulling the strings for Arsenal. Besides, the players are a little older now, so they're more familiar to the English game now I guess.
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco View Post
Rangers 2 - 1 Stutgart.

Kept me happy for the night

Alan Hutton was superb all night.
Cheers, that makes 2 blue-noses round here.

Tags
eric clapton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

where are the justice league products I can't find them anywhere

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode