UFC 73 TOMORROW NIGHT! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

UFC 73 TOMORROW NIGHT!

Pretty good fight card tomorrow night. Not necessarily the most exciting, but we've got a couple of good fights for people who have been around MMA for a while that will be worth seeing.

First things first. I think Tito is going to whup the sh!t out of Rashad Evans. No contest. I don't even think it's even going to be close. I think this is a gimme match the UFC is betting on to bolster fighter personality. And I think Tito knows what this means for his career. BUT, this is Tito's whole career against a guy who's undefeated, so I'm sure it will be full of energy.

I think Anderson Silva is an incredibly technical guy, and he might have his way with Marquardt. I'd like to see him retain the belt.

Sean "Muscle Shark" Sherk is always entertaining to watch.

I've always like Stephan Bonnar, and am glad to see he finally gets another fight after his 'roid suspension.

And the fight I really care about...

Heath Herring vs. Nogueira! WTF is up with that! This should be the main event! Both of these guys are powerhouses. Heath Herring became my official hero when he completely demolished Mark Kerr way back in the day. I think he is a very underrated fighter and I would love to see him get in the mainstream. He is the heavyweight the UFC has been needing for a while, and hopefully he'll have some luck tomorrow night, because Noguiera is no joke.

Anyway, I know we have a few fans here, so I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Re: UFC 73 TOMORROW NIGHT!

I know Gilky and Michblanch should be all over this one...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Noguiera is no joke.

No pun intended, Adam?? I go Noguiera

And I agree with you on Stephan B. (even though he's a pretty boy)

Silva all the way!! (easy)

I can't even comment on Tito because he doesn't exist anymore in my mind

Should be a fun/entertaining night!! I gotta admit.....I stopped watching UFC for a while once they put the gloves on. But it's really coming around!

BTW - who the F is Tito anyways?????

Damn straight Kev and Mich will be all over this one
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
No pun intended, Adam?? I go Noguiera

And I agree with you on Stephan B. (even though he's a pretty boy)

Silva all the way!! (easy)

I can't even comment on Tito because he doesn't exist anymore in my mind

Should be a fun/entertaining night!! I gotta admit.....I stopped watching UFC for a while once they put the gloves on. But it's really coming around!

BTW - who the F is Tito anyways?????

Damn straight Kev and Mich will be all over this one
I used to despise Tito because I thought he was just a glorified wrestler, but he did actually show some stand up skills in Liddell vs. Tito 2, eventhough he got KTFO. He also really impressed me with his coaching on TUF 3. And his workout effort is really vigorous up in Big Bear. I think he's got Rashad in the bag.

Heath Herring is an absolute beast. Very underrated and I think tomorrow night will show that.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Heath Herring is an absolute beast. Very underrated and I think tomorrow night will show that.
Yeah.....that's why I pick Noguiera (he's my underdog)

BTW - Who the heck is tit-O ???
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
BTW - Who the heck is tit-O ???
Heath Herring vs. Nogueira is going to be an absolute brawl. I hope to god Heath can pull it off...

I don't blame you. Tito wouldn't have been one of my picks in a million years... But he's starting to grow on me.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Herring's only problem is he has virtually no ground game and he gets frustrated very very easily.

Rashad will have his hands full, that's going to be a great fight. I like Rashad and normally hate Tito but he has maturd a LOT lately and seems to have his head on straight now.

Silva all the way, can't wait for the Franklin rematch.

Sherk all the way.

Never cared for Bonnar since him and Griffin had basically the greatest fight ever.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Glad to see we have a lof of Bonnar and Silva fans here. Silva was just brutal against Franklin.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM

In fairness, it was just that one nice knee to the nose that did Franklin in, he never recovered or got his wind back after that one, it was really nice. The rematch should be much much better and I suspect Franklin will win. Why he stayed in the Muay Thai clinch for so long I will never know but I am sure he has trained past that now. Silva and Okami would be an unbelievably good fight to see, ground fighting at it's absolute finest. That would be a clinic.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
nice knee to the nose that did Franklin in, he never recovered or got his wind back after that one, it was really nice. .
Nice? Interseting choice of words, Kev

I'd hate to get into it with you...heheh!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:35 AM

Yeah, I do kind of watch it like it's a classical ballet or something

Maybe I've just watched A Clockwork Orange one too many times
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Franklin thought he could dominate the clinch with Silva. He was so used to overpowering everyone he fought. It was just a game plan that went wrong.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 02:27 PM

I don't think it was just the nose knee that did him in. It looked the first knees to the body where much nastier then franklin ever thought they would be. his body was completely red after the first 2-3.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Yup, that's right, that's why he left his face wide open. Whoops. Yeah, Franklin won't make that mistake again, but Okami probably could've submitted him if he had done absolutely anything in the first 2 rounds. I can not believe Franklin escaped that kimura in the third.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode