UFC Couture vs Lesnar - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

UFC Couture vs Lesnar

Just wanted to remind you guys, that there is gonna be a big fight on Saturday night.

Lesnar was an All American College Wrestler and Courure is just a badass. So this could end up being one of the better fights of the last several years. Or it could be a quick knockout and will make you mad for wasting your money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Re: UFC Couture vs Lesnar

Don't forget that Couture was a two time all american in college too. He is definately a badass though.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

I'd really like to see Uriah Faber fight Kid Yamamoto.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 AM

I'm exited for this fight, and will definitely be watching it tomorrow. Also, it will be Amir Sadollah's debut in the UFC after winning TUF, and I really like that kid, I hope he does well.

Lesnar has really got some power, and he came out and manhandled Mir, but Mir got the submission. I'm sure Couture will have his hands full, but it will be a good fight to watch.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 10:41 AM

Man I wish I could watch this fight. We don't get UFC in Japan. We only get the inferior pride and K1.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Man I wish I could watch this fight. We don't get UFC in Japan. We only get the inferior pride and K1.
I'm surprised you can't, since UFC owns Pride.
Even so, you guys have some great fighters in Japan:
CroCop
Fedor
Dan Henderson
Mauricio Rua

I'd check around if I were you. I'll bet some place has it.
But what time will it be on there, if it starts 10:00PM Eastern Time Here?
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I used to live in Coventry when I was a student, some of the pub fights made UFC look tame ;-)
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Also, it will be Amir Sadollah's debut in the UFC after winning TUF, and I really like that kid, I hope he does well.
Nah, unfortunately Sadollah is out with a leg infection.

I'll be watching for sure. I am actually a bit surprised that most betting odds have given Lesnar the edge. I do not bet, but I have learned in the past few years to never EVER bet against Randy Couture. That said, I have a bad feelig for Randy. They really need a super heavyweight class because from 205 to 265 is just too much of a difference.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 PM

Looking forward to the fight. I predict and easy win for Couture.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Yeah, if Couture can get him against the cage and work his dirty boxing he should have an easy win. I don't think he wants to go to the ground with Brock, but if he does I think his experience will prevent him from taking any serious damage while Brock should get gassed the longer it goes. Brock has never really been punched in the face either, I'm looking forward to it.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

I saw an interview with Randy, wher he talked about training with some really, really big guys for this fight.
Can you imagine that big ole slab of meat on top of you just raining down punches?

I figure that they are gonna hit the mat, and Randy will try to get a submission on Lesnar, like an ankle lock or possibly a Kimora on his arm.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 03:29 PM

Randy's age is the only problem I see for him. His age will catch up with him eventually.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
I saw an interview with Randy, wher he talked about training with some really, really big guys for this fight.
Can you imagine that big ole slab of meat on top of you just raining down punches?

I figure that they are gonna hit the mat, and Randy will try to get a submission on Lesnar, like an ankle lock or possibly a Kimora on his arm.
Yeah, but after Mir Brock has been training submission defense more than anything else. And Randy's BJJ is questionable at best, it has never been a focus of his other than to defend against it. I don't honestly think Randy physically could lock in a kimura, Brock is just too strong. I think his clinch and dirty boxing are going to be the difference if he wins. And I don't think Brock has anywhere near the gas tank of Couture, he's just too big. He laid and prayed on Herring the whole fight, I could not believe he couldn't finish him but it is telling of his ability to seal the deal. This is a 5 rounder though, not 3, so that favors Randy the longer it goes.

Yeah, it's really age and experience vs size (crazy size) and strength in the end.

Can't wait to see Damian Meia also. He has won submission of the night in all 3 UFC events he has participated in, that guy is an artist.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
They really need a super heavyweight class because from 205 to 265 is just too much of a difference.
I agree. The big guys are just too big to be fighting 205'ers.

Bummer about Amir, I was looking forward to seeing him fight.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Can't wait to see Damian Meia also. He has won submission of the night in all 3 UFC events he has participated in, that guy is an artist.
I haven't seen this guy. I will definetly keep an eye on him from this point forward.

I just wish UFC could get their lightweights figured out. WEC has got their act together when it comes to the lighter guys.

UFC has got their act together when it comes to all of the other classes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode