USA = Humiliation and fake freedom. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Unhappy USA = Humiliation and fake freedom.

I have a few friends in USA and I had to send them gifts for Christmas as I do every year.
When I reached the postal service I was told US government won't allow packs heavier than 400 grams. I had to buy different present to fit the weight. I was really humiliated.

A couple months ago I had to visit a friend in the US. The procedure for visa and all verification was so humiliating I simply denied that. I was treated like a criminal.

From now on, I simply hate USA.

They treat anyone like a criminal on the basis of terrorism fear. I hope I'll never put my foot on their ****y soil. May it all be their and let them make a soup out their holy soil.

I'm very frustrated, unhappy and pissed off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Re: USA = Humiliation and fake freedom.

You have been mis-informed. How on earth do you think guitars and amps get shipped here?

If you are going to make inflammatory remarks like that, at least get your facts straight. Maybe its your third world post office that can't handle anything over 400 grams, ever think of that?

HAIL SATAN
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Angry Re: USA = Humiliation and fake freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
You have been mis-informed. How on earth do you think guitars and amps get shipped here?

If you are going to make inflammatory remarks like that, at least get your facts straight. Maybe its your third world post office that can't handle anything over 400 grams, ever think of that?

HAIL SATAN
I went to one of the biggest postal offices in Romania.

I didn't try to send guitars or amps. I tried to send a damn book that weighted 525 grams.

They have there a custom-house officer and I told them I can open the pack so they can check that damn book for bombs or drugs or whatever. I was told NO PACKAGES that weigh more than 400 grams can leave to the USA.

I checked the sites and everything. The restriction was lifted for about 2 days and then it was applied again. In the past I have sent pedals and amps to the US, no problem. I have sent huge packages. Now I can't. I could do it in the past a month ago and now it's restricted.

It's a very new restriction. You have no idea what you're talking about.

"How on earth do you think guitars and amps get shipped here?"
I did that in the past. I sent amps and guitars and whatever I wanted. Should I give you some videos and photos to see it's true? Romania is not the only country restricted. Romania is not even a muslim country.

I have experience with sending and receiving stuff from US so don't try to teach me when you never had to deal with that. You talk without knowing a damn thing about the whole situation.

Last edited by Orochimaru; 12-16-2010 at 10:38 AM.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:35 AM

I am sorry you had problems trying to send your packages and I am a little confused as to why it happened. Perhaps a call to the local US embassy might result in some answers.

That being said, please keep it above the belt guys. Orochimaru, no need to resort to name calling.

Anyone being abusive in this thread will get a vacation.

Consider yourselves warned.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Re: USA = Humiliation and fake freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
I am sorry you had problems trying to send your packages and I am a little confused as to why it happened. Perhaps a call to the local US embassy might result in some answers.

That being said, please keep it above the belt guys. Orochimaru, no need to resort to name calling.

Anyone being abusive in this thread will get a vacation.

Consider yourselves warned.
In the first post I already stated I shipped stuff to the US in the past every single year (presents). It's not the first time I send something to the US.Then there comes a guy who teaches me about shipping stuff to the US. After all the humiliation this is even worse.

In 2009 I have sent lots of pedals to the US. I know what I'm talking about. It's not the first time I pack and send stuff to the US.

I'll call the US embassy, embassy office is closed by this hour. I am just curious what happened but I'll have to call tomorrow. As for the visa stuff I'm not the first guy who felt humiliated by the procedure and didn't want to travel to the US anymore.

We're rocking in no free world.

P.S. I edited my post though I consider the guy was arrogant and it's unfair to get warned for answering an arrogant guy.

Last edited by Orochimaru; 12-16-2010 at 10:54 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:58 AM

and you feel "humiliated" just for that? please...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM

We can no longer ship many guitars with cases to countries outside the USA via USPS. They reduced the package size from 108" (length + girth) to 79". A prestige case is now too big to ship unless you want to spend several hundred and ship via USPS Express, UPS or Fedex. I am sure the 400 gram limitation if from your post office.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
and you feel "humiliated" just for that? please...
exactly Man up!!!!

Hate the U.S. for not being able to ship something in your country? Maybe it's not the U.S.'s fault. But you can continue to blame us if you wish. We'll get over it eventually.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:24 AM

I think we shouldn't have to get US Gov and US people confused
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent540 View Post
I think we shouldn't have to get US Gov and US people confused
Indeed! Lord knows I don't want to be associated with Canada's current government.

And it appears the 400 grams thing is a restriction placed on some countries by the US. More anti-terrorism crap.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Vendor

We no longer want the worlds tired and hungry visiting. Please visit somewhere else.

And now I hate Romania, because somebody in Romania hates the US for dumb reasons. And, you probably have lousy beer!!

I feel better now.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Dude, chill out! How is restricted shipping humiliating? It was your local postal service you dealt with--maybe that person humiliated you. As fas as visas go, everyone has to deal with that--you were not singled out, so again--how is that humiliating. It took me 12 months to get a fiance visa for my wife, and that was 11 years ago. It took 2 months to get my family visas for Italy, and I was being stationed there (military). Generalizing like that is just uncalled for. You don't see any of us bashing Russia because soeone signed up here, and their only post was spam. Calm down a bit and take your presents to a different post office. No need to hate the US over it, especially since many people here will take it as a personal insult. By the way, I had a wonderful bottle of wine from Romania--the Dracula label...

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespauled View Post
exactly Man up!!!!

Hate the U.S. for not being able to ship something in your country? Maybe it's not the U.S.'s fault. But you can continue to blame us if you wish. We'll get over it eventually.
You should see how do you get a visa first. Smart guys. Fingerprinting and interrogatory and all the rest of the stuff. Smart guys surfaced already again.

By the way US applied a restriction that is applied only to the stuff shipped to the US. I can ship anywhere else without any restriction. What's wrong with you? Learn to read, smart guys.

I already shipped a lot of things to Austria and Switzerland. It's all about the US restrictions in visa and shipping and anything else.

Your country rules. Hail Hitler.

Thank you smart guys. Defend the almighty Hitler of them all: Bush/Obama. The terrorists may be already in your houses. The terrorists are listening your phone lines and recording you messenger conversation. Should I say more about the freedom in your country? They're even using your facebook account.

Ha ha ha. Have fun smart guys, cause you all are smart.

Last edited by Orochimaru; 12-16-2010 at 12:20 PM.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
We no longer want the worlds tired and hungry visiting. Please visit somewhere else.

And now I hate Romania, because somebody in Romania hates the US for dumb reasons. And, you probably have lousy beer!!

I feel better now.
I'm with ya, but i have to admit--that Romanian Dracula wine kicked ass! It was more of a dessert wine--sweet, fruity, and bubbly. Too bad about the weight restriction, as I'm ask the grump that started this thread to send me some.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:15 PM

thanks - I needed something to make me smile I love threads like this !!
Closed Thread

Tags
government , postal , service , terrorism , usa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode