USPS TROUBLE? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
bmc
Banned

USPS TROUBLE?

anyone ever had trouble with usps? i sent a guitar out last tuesday and it never showed up! i checked with the post office and the delvery confirmation shows where the package was scanned and accepted at my post office but thats it! it should have been there last thursday as it was only going from s.carolina to ohio! its been 8 days since shipped so know im worried! do ya think it will show up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Re: USPS TROUBLE?

Sometimes the tracking is pretty useless with shipping companies and only shows when it's been picked up and delivered. 8 days does seem kinda long, I don't know if contacting them to put out a search for the item would work but it's worth a shot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Vendor

Is it insured?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
bmc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Is it insured?
yea. its insured
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Vendor

Then it's fine. If you didn't send it priority expect it to take a long time. Big boxes move very slow through the post.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
bmc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Then it's fine. If you didn't send it priority expect it to take a long time. Big boxes move very slow through the post.
it went out first class! the lady at the post office said it may be due to the holiday! but when i type in the delivery confirmation #, it shows that it was scanned and accepted on may 24th at my local post office and was expected to be delivered thursday the 26th of may! but they cant tell me anything
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 PM

USPS sux! If you don't have a tracking number, you're screwed. Come to think of it, even if you do, you're screwed. I've had many issues. They are so inept and don't give a damn in researching anything. I'm sure you'll be fine but I would use UPS for everything! Not like they don't have issues...but at least they are more thorough in tracking and do what they can to help. USPS is like, hey, once you mail it out, it's a gamble...time will tell...good luck to ya sucker! That's my impression.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 AM

Reviews: 1

I sent a guitar from Portland,OR to Fairfield,CA and it took 10 days using USPS. A frickin turtle could have carried it on its back faster. Ground UPS seems to be much faster from things shipped and received. If you can get the box as small as possible with UPS it can actually be a little cheaper and much faster.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 PM

I had a parcel go missing recently for a few weeks. Keep checking the tracking number and call them if it suddenly gets scanned somewhere. thats how I got mine back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode