Vegas next month - things to do? (music/guitar related) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Vegas next month - things to do? (music/guitar related)

As the title implies, I'm going to be in Vegas next month and I'm looking for things to do. Well, specifically music and guitar related things, preferably cheap or free. Last time I was out there was Jemfest 99, so I'm sure a lot of the stuff I saw is not even in business anymore.

What guitar/instrument stores should I see? I'm going to take a stop out to Ed's shop to check out some overpriced 80's guitars.

What about off the wall stuff, odd music related stuff? IE - the Elton John Retail Store in Caesar's. Anything music-related, I'm down for.

If it matters, I'll be out there November 6-10th. Didn't look like there were any must-see concerts (I hate the Fixx, I've seen Satriani enough times).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Re: Vegas next month - things to do? (music/guitar related)

This guitar store owned by Ed Roman is suppose to be awesome
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

bump.

Still looking for suggestions.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Pay a bit extra, for the really good hookers.

LOL
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:20 PM

Cannot say this loudly enough:

See PHANTOM OF THE OPERA at the Venetian

Me = never an opera fan before. PotO in Vegas is INCREDIBLE. They built the theater for that show, and the chandelier overhead is incredible ($25 million spent on the chandelier and the mechanics of it). When you walk in and see the 4 separate pieces of it in various places over the crowd (not on the stage), you know you are in for something.

WELL WORTH the 75$ or so per ticket. WELL WORTH it!!!

Last edited by RedOctober; 10-22-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: 25 mil, not 25 dollars :-)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
As the title implies, I'm going to be in Vegas next month and I'm looking for things to do.
Oh - and make sure to try the Bellagio Buffet. Yes, it's damn-near $30/person, but where else can you get all the crab legs and prime rib you can eat!

And they even cut the crab legs in half, so you don't need to work to get the meat! Woohoo!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 PM

Reviews: 12

+1 on the bellagio... their buffet tastes much better when it's complimentary
... try hitting up some pawn shops; who knows what kind of guitars have been traded for some gambling money :P

Reg
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 PM

Moonlight Bunny Ranch
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober View Post
Oh - and make sure to try the Bellagio Buffet. Yes, it's damn-near $30/person, but where else can you get all the crab legs and prime rib you can eat!

And they even cut the crab legs in half, so you don't need to work to get the meat! Woohoo!
I'm staying at the Bellagio, so the buffet is kinda hard to pass up at that point. :-)

What about music related stuff? I remember a few guitar stores from last time I was out there; but like I said, I don't know what is still around.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
What about music related stuff? I remember a few guitar stores from last time I was out there; but like I said, I don't know what is still around.
Hmm... can't help you there. Sorry.

The last 3 times I've gone, it was for the SEMA show (incredible experience, even if you are not a car buff; if you are it blows the mind!)

Good luck - be safe!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonetool View Post
This guitar store owned by Ed Roman is suppose to be awesome
It's definitely on my list of things to be seen when I finally get round to going to the States:

The Grand Canyon, the White House, Ed Roman's store, the Washington Monument, every single blues bar in Austin, the Golden Gate Bridge.......

I'd even give up a visit to PRS or Fender to go an see Ed Roman's store. I hope he's there when I go. Should I write to him first?

Tags
elton john retail shop , las vegas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode