Venting: Thieves Suck!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Venting: Thieves Suck!!!

Some little jerk stole my sons Fuji bike last night. They left a cheap huffy behind. They followed him from the high school which is right in front of our neighborhood and when they stopped at a buddy's house, the bike was gone.

I am going to ride around tonight and look for it. I know it's local because they could not have rode far on the huffy they left. Just irks me. $400 Fuji we got him late last year.

They made a mistake. I WILL find this bike.

Grrrrrr

Jeff

Last edited by satchmo72; 05-13-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Banned

Re: Ventiong: Thieves Suck!!!

That's a lot of money Jeff.... Hope you find the bike. I am on the hunt for bikes for my kids, I guess i'll end up buying two chinese cheapos they'll feel alright destroying, rather than spending the money they ask for premium brands.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Panix, I bought him a decent bike because we HAD planned on doing some touring together. He was trying to get in some miles before we go, was out with his buddies riding and stopped at a buddies when one of their chains came off. He left it out for just a couple of minutes while they dug a bike out of a shed.

Opportunity presented itself and someone took it.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 11:34 AM

Bummer dude, sorry to hear that. Do you have the frame number??
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 PM

That sucks. I hope you find the bike soon. Go to the high school and tell the authorities. I think with time they will find out who did this.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 12:11 PM

Oh man... that sucks! I hope you can locate it. Keep an eye on craigslist & [email protected]

A local gal got her bike stolen, saw it for sale on craigslist, and arranged to meet to "buy" it at a McDonalds. She verified the sn#, asked to test ride it, and rode it home.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 12:50 PM

Re: Venting: Thieves Suck!!!

Good Luck man, my daughter's stolen Yamaha sax never showed up again and it broke her heart.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Oh man... that sucks! I hope you can locate it. Keep an eye on craigslist & [email protected]

A local gal got her bike stolen, saw it for sale on craigslist, and arranged to meet to "buy" it at a McDonalds. She verified the sn#, asked to test ride it, and rode it home.
LMAO. A total gotcha moment!

I love this one when it comes to a short verbal exchange when asking a question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 03:11 PM

That sucks! I hope you find it Jeff.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks ALL!!!!

So get this...I don't give up easy and was home for lunch when I just decided to follow up on a hunch that my son had mentioned, about a local house 2 blocks away with kids riding what he thought might the bike that was left in place of my sons bike. Sure enough, I drive by that house and there is his bike laying next to the house. I verified it by looking at the serial and knew it was his by the Nashbar bottle cage I had put on 2 days earlier. I spoke with the neighbors about what I was doing and he said that the same 2 kids had broke into his sons truck the week before and had taken a cell phone. One of the two kids walked down the street out the house when the neighbors and I were talking, he didn't even say anything about the bike and only looked back at me when I drove by.

I called the cops and reported the incident. They said they would fill out the forms to increase patrols when they could through that neighborhood.

EDIT: Helles Yeah I grabbed the bike. If I was 10 minutes later the kid might have been gone on it again.

Last edited by satchmo72; 05-13-2015 at 04:29 PM.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 04:11 PM

Did you grab your kid's bike? How could you leave that part of the story out? lol
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Oh hell yeah!!!!!! I grabbed the neighbor next door who was mowing his mom's grass and told him what I was doing and that I was taking the bike, the neighbor from across the street then came over and was not even surprised when I told him what I was doing.

Threw it in the trunk and took it home. My boy was ecstatic.

Jeff
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 05:19 PM

You should douse the one they left in gasoline and light it up. Once it's finished cooking, drop it back on their lawn

(Ok, don't really do that lol)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 05:56 PM

Cue in Magnum PI theme! Great investigative work Jeff!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Oh hell yeah!!!!!! I grabbed the neighbor next door who was mowing his mom's grass and told him what I was doing and that I was taking the bike, the neighbor from across the street then came over and was not even surprised when I told him what I was doing.

Threw it in the trunk and took it home. My boy was ecstatic.

Jeff
Way to go! Glad you got it back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode