Video game thread - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Cool Video game thread

Thought I'd make one of these for random stuff about video games because it seems like there are a lot of people here into them.

Been playing Halo 3 and as good a game as it is, I really think they could've released it on the original xbox since the graphics are horrendous for a 360 game.

Huge fan of the Wii Virtual Console too. Anyone looking forward to any future releases? A bit optimistic, but I'd LOVE it if they brought some Saturn games to it, especially the 2d fighters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM

Re: Video game thread

Time spent on a video game = time NOT spent on the guitar!!

Shame on you Davey

I just keep hoping they will come up with a new surreal DRAKAN for the new systems!! (unlikley but one can wish) DRAKAN the Ancient Gates is probably the most underrated charactor/adventure game of all time!!!
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

That is true, but what about playing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_(video_game)

Online play will be awesome, because we'll be able to get some Jemsite Jam-sessions on the go
post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 AM

halo 3 graphics are not horrendus, what are you talking about? they are good, I'm sure they could have released it on first gen xbox, but maybe there will be heavy loading times.

i've already beat halo 3. typicall and predicatable ending. not fun at all. And I hate how you get those subliminal messages from cortana throughout the game, they are so [email protected]
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

The graphics in Halo 3 are pretty much the same as Halo 2 and that's playing both through HD. Perfect Dark Zero has better graphics, lol. Having said that, you can't argue with how good the gameplay is and multiplayer adds so much life to it.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Davey, are you into Fifa or the Pro Evo Series?
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 6

I gotta tell you I've never been a big fan of Halo. *ducks* I always thought the single player was so-so. Multiplayer was better but wasn't as fun as some of the FPS games I've played in the past (the Quake series comes to mind.) I may be a bit biased seeing as I used to play in Quake tournaments for cash and was pretty good at it. Helped get me one of my guitars actually. I also really dig some of the Unreal tournament games. Right now I've been Playing Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Being able to use the remote to aim adds a great deal to the game. I've also been playing an RTS game on DS called Heros of Mana which so far is a lot of fun. I'd like to get the new Zelda for DS and the new Metroid game for Wii.
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm really looking forward to COD4 and Crysis. I'm a sad 1st person shooter junkie

I really liked S.t.a.l.k.e.r, but I couldn't run it well so I've put it on the shelf for now.

Supreme Commander bought some new ideas to the table, but for a rts fix, I still keep going back to the Dawn of War series.

Very impressed with Bioshock too, but my all time fave is HL2 deathmatch. Few things in life are as satisfying as crushing someone with a toilet

I'm saving at the moment to buy a schmick new quad core pc so I can turn up the pretty factor.

Halo 3 is excelent, but I think the 2nd last level sucked bigtime. Any thoughts?

Game on!
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 PM

actually, i think the game play in h3 is the same thing as h2. the difference from h1 to h2 was cool, but from 2 to 3, there hardly isn't any.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 PM

The only other beef I have with Halo 3 is the pathetic ai for the marines. They are more of a hinderance than a help.

They run into your line of fire, block your way in combat all the time, and drive like Lindsay Lohan. I have died several times because a marine has run right in front of me as I was firing a rocket or a Covenant plasma cannon.

Game on!

Last edited by HeavyMetal4Ever; 09-30-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: cause i'm dumb and can't spell
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 PM

My favorite game of all time is Battlefield 1942...Excellent game...it's successors (BF: Vietnam and BF2) don't measure up at all (except for a few great mods, such at Project Reality for BF2).

I can't tell how many hours of fun I've had playing BF1942 and it's mods...I must have spent 30% of my life playing that game...

Another series I like is the Total War series. Great game with a strong modding community as well.
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM

man, I feel old...

ive not played a video game since I used to spend FAAAAAR too much time playing quake 3 arena online - aaaahhhhh the old days...
clan arena, instagib, freeze tag etc etc etc...
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
man, I feel old...

ive not played a video game since I used to spend FAAAAAR too much time playing quake 3 arena online - aaaahhhhh the old days...
clan arena, instagib, freeze tag etc etc etc...
Don't worry about it man. My heyday for FPS was Quake as well. I've since gotten into more console games, it's just easier in the long run. Especially since switching to Mac, a decent Mac game machine costs as much as a used toyota, and I just don't have that kind of dough to spend on something to play games.
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Wii Virtual Console = Awesomeness

I've had hours of fun playing the original Zelda.
It made me realize there's not much relationship between the fun factor and quality of graphics.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 25

Counter strike Source rocks, but as of late I have been playing Team fortress 2 which is the best game of its kind out on the market.

Also the best car stunt type game has got to be Trackmania sunrise. I suggest you all download the demo cause its all you need and its heaps of fun

Tags
joe satriani , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode