Video Nuclear Detonation Timeline "1945-1998" SHOCKING VIDEO - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Video Nuclear Detonation Timeline "1945-1998" SHOCKING VIDEO

Okay I saw this a few months back and again sorry I have no idea if it's been posted before but it's worth a watch as it will shock a few people I imagine it did me that's for sure.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lqu...eature=related

PEACE
al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Re: Video Nuclear Detonation Timeline "1945-1998" SHOCKING VIDEO

Shocking how so? That there were lots of nuclear tests at the height of the Cold War? Fantastic video though.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

I think the sheer amount of tests is shocking, I for one had no idea there had been that many documented official tests, I would think that not many other people would think there had been that many? I figured low hundreds maybe.

You figured on that many Dave?
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM

I knew it was high. The worlds level of Carbon 14 increased during the 50's due to atmospheric tests of nuclear weapons. In fact scientists have used this increase as a marker to validate age estimates of long lived fishes for years.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Reviews: 1

...these are only the ones they admit to.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Reviews: 39

I own a pretty rare copy of Trinity and Beyond and I just found a video section that wasn't in it; looks like the shot they fired from the cannon (Grable, 15 KT). They didn't show that from the other side they were testing on human subjects. This is the famous shot the one that has it blasting all the trees and cars over from the blast wave.

Not surprising though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ZWE...eature=related
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
Spot on
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 AM

Reviews: 2

I never knew the human beings could be so cruel and merciless.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 AM

Reviews: 39

I did - watch TMZ (celebrity news) for like 15 minutes.

You think you've heard some merciless heavy metal? TMZ will make you rethink the definition of humanity.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of This Swirled View Post
I think the sheer amount of tests is shocking, I for one had no idea there had been that many documented official tests, I would think that not many other people would think there had been that many? I figured low hundreds maybe.

You figured on that many Dave?
Yes, but I know a thing or two about this subject First saw the video when it was put up on the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation website (you can read a little more about the artist who created it here: http://www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1...isao-hashimoto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
No, actually that's the lot.
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I read a few comments on youtube people saying about missing detonations and mini nukes,

The amount of nukes that have been stolen got lost or have just plain gone missing is pretty scary too.

I think HAARP in Alaska is far more frightening than nukes as it would appear to be the perfect covert weapon, totally deniable. BUT that depends on who you believe, I know who I don't believe.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of This Swirled View Post
The amount of nukes that have been stolen got lost or have just plain gone missing is pretty scary too.
How many? If you mean none, which is actually the case, then I wouldn't let it keep you up at night.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
How many? If you mean none, which is actually the case, then I wouldn't let it keep you up at night.
How can you possibly claim that without having unrestricted access to all military information of every nuclear state plus states that *might* harbour nuclear weapons?

Nuclear ****-ups are so common there's even a name for each kind. Losing a nuke is called a broken arrow. 92 nuclear weapons have been lost at sea alone.

N.B. I wrote my thesis on nuclear strategy.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Just as a general rule
Know a little something about what you talking about
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
How can you possibly claim that without having unrestricted access to all military information of every nuclear state plus states that *might* harbour nuclear weapons?

Nuclear ****-ups are so common there's even a name for each kind. Losing a nuke is called a broken arrow. 92 nuclear weapons have been lost at sea alone.

N.B. I wrote my thesis on nuclear strategy.
Yes, there was a film called Broken Arrow. Perhaps you've seen it?

In your thesis, what academic source would you have quoted for your "92 nuclear weapons have been lost at sea" statistic? I see there is this: http://www.genecurtis.com/LostNuclearBombs.htm

I would question some of this. At number one, it claims the Kursk sank carrying nuclear weapons. Russian officials have always denied this, and in any case the Kursk was raised. So even if they were "lost", it seems they were "found". 4, 5, 6 describe nuclear weapons without fissile cores, which are no more nuclear weapons than a Big Mac with no meat is a hamburger.

And as uranium and plutonium corrode in water, it's not like anyone will be able to recover the weapons and use them. Which given the "stolen got lost or have just plain gone missing" line would seem to have been the main concern of the previous poster. Feel free to show me some good evidence of nuclear weapons being "stolen" or "just plain gone missing" though.

Tags
video nuks timeline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode