We all have questions.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Question We all have questions....

I have about a million questions that I can't ask at school and my friends don't know the answer to. They are random questions, and I figured SOME people on Jemsite might know.. I think we should all post our questions and if someone else has the answer they can write it.... Yeah....

For example!

Why is water FREE at restaurants if it's our most precious resource? (It's free in the U.S.A. but nowhere else! If we're in a drought and we have been for THIRTY YEARS then why is water free???)

Historians changed something... You know how 5,000 years B.D. stands for "5,000 years before the death of Christ"?? Well.. They changed "B.D" to "B.C.E" standing for "Before Common Era" and A.D. (instead of being Ammono Domini or something like that) is now "C.E" which stands for "Common Era." Well, aren't BOTH of the abbreviations still based on the death of Christ? This isn't political or religious, but I'm just like.. Uhh.. Confused!!

What is plastic made of?

Why do compost piles help gardens grow?

Lever 2000 is a kind of soap that says, "Lever 2000! For all your 2000 parts!" Do they mean muscles, bones, limbs, what? What are the 2000 parts??

Did anyone notice that the song "The Murder" on Mystery Tracks Archives Vol. 3 by Steve Vai has the words "The murder of Christian Tiera's Lover" in it... And then there's a song on Fire Garden CALLED "The Mysterious Murder of Christian Tiera's Lover"??? Does Steve VaI connect ALL of his songs?

*sigh* There are a lot more questions.....
Does anyone know the answers to these and / or have any questions??

~ Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 05:15 PM

Smile Re: We all have questions....

I don't have much time, so I will only answer one
Plastic is made from oil, and so is just about everything else in our society - carpet, synthetic materials like rayon, paints, fertilizers, etc. If it's not made from oil, chances are oil was used in the manufacturing process.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 05:33 PM

Re: We all have questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
Why is water FREE at restaurants if it's our most precious resource? (It's free in the U.S.A. but nowhere else! If we're in a drought and we have been for THIRTY YEARS then why is water free???)
Because it is essential for survival and the government is obligated to provide it for free. The free stuff you get at restaurants is tap water by the way, not the foo foo stuff. Have you ever wondered why "Evian" spells "Naive" backwards?

Quote:
What is plastic made of?
Petroleum. This raises a point. We can find alternative fuels for cars, and that is great, but when we run out of oil, what will we make everything out of? This is the MUCH larger issue with oil consumption.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
Have you ever wondered why "Evian" spells "Naive" backwards?
ha ha ha, thats freakin awesome!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:17 PM

Where would we be without magnets? Lets hear it for magnets!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:31 PM

Compost piles are a plethora of nutrients for plants. Anything that was once living has a ton of vitals in its body, like glucose, proteins, water and oils etc. If some plants are decomposing on a spot, they are leaving behind nutrients (like those, but not limited to), and make the area more hospitable for new plants to take root and grow. Also, decomposer organisms that can feed off rotting plants often give off other benificial components (I think the nitrogen cycle involves decomposers, but can someone verify that?)

Last edited by ChopTart; 09-16-2006 at 07:31 PM. Reason: misspelling!
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Because it's factored into the price of everyhting else.

Quote:
Historians changed something... You know how 5,000 years B.D. stands for "5,000 years before the death of Christ"?? Well.. They changed "B.D" to "B.C.E" standing for "Before Common Era" and A.D. (instead of being Ammono Domini or something like that) is now "C.E" which stands for "Common Era." Well, aren't BOTH of the abbreviations still based on the death of Christ? This isn't political or religious, but I'm just like.. Uhh.. Confused!!
BC is Before Christ, not before the death of Christ. AD stand for Anno Domino, year of our lord.

What is plastic made of?

Modified hydrocarbons.

Why do compost piles help gardens grow?

High level of nitrates.

Quote:
[Lever 2000 is a kind of soap that says, "Lever 2000! For all your 2000 parts!" Do they mean muscles, bones, limbs, what? What are the 2000 parts??
There are far more than 200 parts of the human body.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy View Post
BC is Before Christ, not before the death of Christ. AD stand for Anno Domino, year of our lord.
Oooops.... Well, that's what my History teacher told me... And then she started rambling about how now historians think that year one is actually year four, because Christ was already four by the time that it was year one.. It's all stupid in my opinion..

Quote:
There are far more than 200 parts of the human body.
I know, it's Lever Two-Thousand, not two hundred...

~ Katrina
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Did anyone notice that the song "The Murder" on Mystery Tracks Archives Vol. 3 by Steve Vai has the words "The murder of Christian Tiera's Lover" in it... And then there's a song on Fire Garden CALLED "The Mysterious Murder of Christian Tiera's Lover"??? Does Steve VaI connect ALL of his songs?

You should really visit Vai.com more often!! theres a whole rediculous story about The murder of Christian Tiera's Lover. Enjoy!

http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/dis...ma/murder.html

and all your other questions can mostly be answered by visiting wiki.com...
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:

~ Katrina
Well...there are 206 bones in the human body...dunno how that would help...
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:04 PM

the most important question in history is:
Why do kamikazee pilots where helmets?
and
if super glue will stick to anything, why doesnt it stick to the bottle it comes in?
and
Products are always labeled "New and Improved" how can it be new if its improved?
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:

~ Katrina
Damn I forgot a zero.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Damn I forgot a zero.

No problemo.. hahaha

~ Katrina
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
AD stand for Anno Domino, year of our lord.
Ano Domine (Dah-min-ay), not Anno Domino
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
the most important question in history is:
Why do kamikazee pilots where helmets?
and
if super glue will stick to anything, why doesnt it stick to the bottle it comes in?
and
Products are always labeled "New and Improved" how can it be new if its improved?

Helmets ensure safe delivery to the point of no return; outside the bottle air acts as the activating agent; the improvement changes the original, so it is no longer original, but new.

Tags
custom shop , fire garden , jason becker , marty friedman , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode