weird food!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
weird food!!

i've just tried kous-kous (pronounced kus-kus) for the first time. it rates up there with sweet and sour squid and donington rock festival burgers. anybody got weird food tastes (including what pregant wives/ girlfriends had cravings for)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:35 PM

Re: weird food!!

I like couscous.

But I like lots of wierd things.

I have a two friends that are pregnant right now. Neither one of them can stand the smell of meat cooking, and for some reason, one of them loves the smell of beer.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

i love the smell of beer. i must be pregnant! gr8 i'll sel my story, get it made into a movie and buy everybody a new ibanez.

(maybe not buy Steve one though)
post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 PM

My 2 favorite foods: First is a Korean BBQ called Yakiniku in Japanese. There is a little gas grill in the center of every table in the restaurant and they bring you thinly sliced meat and veges and you grill it up, dip it in soy sauce with garlic, then eat it with rice, the greatest ever.
Second: A Peruvian chowder called Chupe (choopay) that is just a bunch of shellfish and fish put in a pot and cooked for like days. After it cooks long enough they pull the strainer out from the bottom and it is nothing but shells and bones, all the meat just liquifies. Awesome.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

now i'm feeling hungry again. think i'll order pizza or chinese.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Inactive Username

Oh, if you get Chinese, can you share some with me?!?!??!
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:21 PM

I mostly cook with coconut oil instead of other oils. I grill steaks with mint leaves, cinnamon stalks, and habanero peppers, and crushed garlic. I have grown so tired of common foods that Im tryin all sorts of new crap.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 PM

my girlfriend sometimes as cravings for grapefruit juice. What the hell does that mean?
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsalad14
my girlfriend sometimes as cravings for grapefruit juice. What the hell does that mean?
Well, as I read the sentence without the "h" in the word "has", which I think you intended to type, it's hard to say - it takes on a whole new meaning with "as" in there!.......She probably likes grapefruits, or has scurvy. LOL
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 PM

Raw oysters. Just open them, disconnect them from the shell and eat em just like that. I find this to be......weird.
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 PM

Squirrel, i am from kentucky you know >.>
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Vendor

Camel toe. Good stuff, but the younger the better. It tends to get a little ripe with age
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Camel toe. Good stuff, but the younger the better. It tends to get a little ripe with age
Otherwise known as Cotton Candy! lol
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777
I mostly cook with coconut oil instead of other oils. I grill steaks with mint leaves, cinnamon stalks, and habanero peppers, and crushed garlic. I have grown so tired of common foods that Im tryin all sorts of new crap.
I know this feeling. I often find myself looking at a world map, trying to figure out what food I should get some nights. I think Thai food may be the last frontier for me. All Thai food is supposed to contain 4 flavor elements: Sweet, sour, salty, and spicy hot. The tongue can detect 4 flavors, sweet, sour, salty and bitter. The Thais tossed bitter out the window (because "bitter" sucks mostly) and substituted "spicy hot." I'm afraid after Thai food, there's not going to be any other "taste explosion" which can compare.

I have to hand it to you though... mint and cinnamon on steaks... that's a new one, LOL.
Though there's a steak sauce called "Pickapeppa" that has elements of cinnamon and raisins and a bit of spicy-ness which I quite like... Tobasco made a similar sauce (it was nothing like the red vinegary "tobasco sauce") for steaks for awhile, but I haven't seen that in a long time.

Ever read slashfood.com ? Sometimes they have some interesting stuff.

Last edited by Ferrous Lepidoptera; 07-13-2006 at 11:50 PM.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck
Raw oysters. Just open them, disconnect them from the shell and eat em just like that. I find this to be......weird.
I lurves me some ray oysters! I like 'em with a dab of ground horseradish. The saltier the better. Some of the oyster packing houses soak or spray their catch with salt water before the oysters are boxed and shipped. I makes the "liquor" in the shell extra tasty. You'll know it when you taste the first one out of the box. Sorta' like swallowing a bit of ocean water when you're playing in the surf.

I love shellfish in general. My favorite is softshell blue crabs, pan fried with a little butter, black pepper and a little Old Bay seasoning. Served as a sandwich between 2 thin slices of crusty Italian bread.

I also love muscles sauteed in butter, garlic and chalots.

If you like your seafood without a shell, Middleton's Tavern in Annapolis serves the best calamari on the planet! Never tough or chewy. Always tender and the extra light breading is perfect. Just enough to cover the little "legs", but you can still see the flesh through the coating.

This thread is making me hungry and it's midnight. I think I'm gonna have me a softcrab sammich for lunch tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode