weirdo dream last night - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

weirdo dream last night

i never remember dreams but i know i have them every night, we all do. last night was very odd and i thought i would type it before i forgot more of it. there was armageddon (sp?) and red skies and the dead were rising, crawling out of the ground or wherever they were laid to rest. hitler was in charge...very disgusting looking and also very roided out. neighbors banded together to form little platoons. we grabbed what we could; baseball bats, backpacks, guns, anything we could think of. there was more to it but that is all i can remember. i wasn't gaming or anything before bed. weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: weirdo dream last night

No more resident evil for you pal!!!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
No more resident evil for you pal!!!
LOL

My husband has end of the world type dreams all the time. He told me this one that he had once where it was a similar situation as in yours red skies, end of the world, battle of Armageddon type stuff and he said that he saw this rider on a gray horse and it was galloping towards him in slow motion and he was filled with fear and as the horse got closer, it leapt and he could just see it going over his head in slow motion and all he could think was, "look at the balls on that horse!" lol
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:34 PM

I've had that type of dream/nightmare before. Mine was much more surreal than what yours sounds like though - atleast yours had real (albeit dead) people in it.

Mine involved a huge comet crashing towards earth. It was blocking out the sun and casting a strange, green/yellow light. I remember I was in town when I heard the news and I ran and hid in a super market. As I was running down the cereal aisle, there was a life-size Tony The Tiger beckoning me into a cubby in the shelf. I went in, hiding behind cereal boxes. A smaller piece of the comet hit, making everything shake and the shelfs collapsed onto me. I woke (in the dream still) on a medical table, and to cut alot of meaningless dialect out, turns out I was on a secret space ship and just going past Alpha Centauri. I looked out the window and then was woken up!

I'm not really sure where the HELL any of that came from, though.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
I've had that type of dream/nightmare before. Mine was much more surreal than what yours sounds like though - atleast yours had real (albeit dead) people in it.

Mine involved a huge comet crashing towards earth. It was blocking out the sun and casting a strange, green/yellow light. I remember I was in town when I heard the news and I ran and hid in a super market. As I was running down the cereal aisle, there was a life-size Tony The Tiger beckoning me into a cubby in the shelf. I went in, hiding behind cereal boxes. A smaller piece of the comet hit, making everything shake and the shelfs collapsed onto me. I woke (in the dream still) on a medical table, and to cut alot of meaningless dialect out, turns out I was on a secret space ship and just going past Alpha Centauri. I looked out the window and then was woken up!

I'm not really sure where the HELL any of that came from, though.
LOL That's pretty funny. Did Tony convince you to hide amongst the cereal by saying "they're Grrrreeeeaaat!" lol

Ay, I wish I had dreams like that! Most of the dreams that I have are of people trying to kill me.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:51 PM

No he didn't, actually. As I remember it, the comet was doing strange things to the atmosphere, etc and there was no sound in any of the dream, until I woke on the ship. BUT Tony did do his typical 'thumbs up while pointing to box of cereal' pose.

That dream, despite the comical nature of it now, was actually really, really terrifying. I honestly thought the world was going to end without giving me a chance to try out my new RG!

My dreams seem to be in the extremes - Sometimes scary as f*ck, sometimes *extremely* awesome (wink wink), and sometimes just downright mental. I never seem to have any that I just wake up to and think 'ho hum'.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
No he didn't, actually. As I remember it, the comet was doing strange things to the atmosphere, etc and there was no sound in any of the dream, until I woke on the ship. BUT Tony did do his typical 'thumbs up while pointing to box of cereal' pose.

That dream, despite the comical nature of it now, was actually really, really terrifying. I honestly thought the world was going to end without giving me a chance to try out my new RG!

My dreams seem to be in the extremes - Sometimes scary as f*ck, sometimes *extremely* awesome (wink wink), and sometimes just downright mental. I never seem to have any that I just wake up to and think 'ho hum'.

hehehehehe Well, at least they give you interesting stories to tell, no?
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Only on jemsite, where such madness is the norm.

I've only ever told that dream in full detail to 1 other person, but she did laugh her arse off then call me an effin nutter.

Do know what I find really strange? The dreams that you have about someone forbidden, for instance, my best friend's girl friend. Day before I just thought she was kinda cool, friendly, though not my taste. Next morning I wake up and think 'Yeah, I'd spank that...' and then think 'YOU WHAT?!'
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Only on jemsite, where such madness is the norm.

I've only ever told that dream in full detail to 1 other person, but she did laugh her arse off then call me an effin nutter.

Do know what I find really strange? The dreams that you have about someone forbidden, for instance, my best friend's girl friend. Day before I just thought she was kinda cool, friendly, though not my taste. Next morning I wake up and think 'Yeah, I'd spank that...' and then think 'YOU WHAT?!'
LOL You're funny.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Come on then, FN! Any weird dreams from you?
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Come on then, FN! Any weird dreams from you?

hehehehehehehe I'm sure I have some somewhere floating around my subconcious but the truth is I really don't remember my dreams most of the time. The ones I remember most often are the ones where someone is after me because I usually wake up and it's fresh in my mind. I did have a dream recently about an ex-boyfriend of mine though. He was a guitarist in a band when I was dating him and he was working on releasing an album when I broke up with him so in my dream it was like our lives just continued on in the interim. I forget now how I came to see him, but he was living in a huge house in Miami and had "made it" apparently. I remember him telling me the same old [email protected] that he used to tell me when we were dating when we were breaking up YET AGAIN and he wanted to get back together again. At that moment two girls dressed like total sluts came into the room, one blonde and the other brunette and served him lunch, curry chicken I think it was, and I just looked at him with disgust and walked out the door! Boring I know. lol Your dreams are much more interesting. lol
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 PM

I find it strange that so many people don't remeber their dreams. It's weird because I remember at least one dream from every night. (or nearly every night) I still remember dreams I had when I was a kid. I used to keep a dream journal. Write um down as soon as you get up while they are still fresh.

I've always been fascinated by dreams!! I feel that they are some sort of a connection.

Anyone ever had deuj-vu?? Been there before?? Likely it was a dream you had prior
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:45 PM

All the time, Jim!

I feel I've dreamt something while someone is talking to me, and I can *almost* say to them what they are saying to me at the same time, but not quite. It's a very strange sensation. More often than not it's seeing rather than hearing something that triggers it. Like the other day, I was walking home with a friend, her right beside me. I'm walking along, just staring into the distance, kinda half listening to what she's saying (you know how it is, right?) and then I focus in nearer to me, and see another couple crossing the road, and notice that the guy is wearing some very awesome shoes - Then right at that point, that still image of the trees, the road, the couple, the guys shoes, the cars on the road, the formation of clouds and what I can see of my friend in the periphery of my vision - I think, 'I've seen all this before...' and I'm sure I've dreamt it. It's so freaky.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

i think i don't remember my dreams because when i finally get to bed i just crash out and sleep very deeply! not much wakes me up but the dogs if they are persistent.

i had a strange one once and i only remember a few things. this was about 10 years ago. for some reason i was at a def leppard concert and one of their guitarists couldn't play. of course the shout went out for anyone who could fill in. for some reason most people in our area of the crowd knew i played, so i was lifted to the stage and given his guitar. the guitar sucked, action was all off, and it wasn't good. i also never learned any of their tunes. but, for whatever reason, whatever i played, whether out of key or a completely different tune, worked for every song! after the show we were all in my parents house for some reason and each member went to bed in a different room. i remember the drummer sleeping in a large business envelope that was attached to the dresser! it was 6' long.....large envelope! no i never tried drugs in my life.

i had a deja vu just 2 days ago. it was the weirdest / coolest. it lasted for 5 seconds which seemed like a minute! it is so weird. and the weirdest part is that when i get that feeling, i know everything that is going to happen 2 seconds before it happens. i know the exact words anyone will say with the exact inflection and annunciation. it's so odd. either i'm psychic for those 5 seconds or my mind is in a delay and i just think it is psychic. i love this stuff!

steve
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
All the time, Jim!

I feel I've dreamt something while someone is talking to me, and I can *almost* say to them what they are saying to me at the same time, but not quite. It's a very strange sensation. More often than not it's seeing rather than hearing something that triggers it. Like the other day, I was walking home with a friend, her right beside me. I'm walking along, just staring into the distance, kinda half listening to what she's saying (you know how it is, right?) and then I focus in nearer to me, and see another couple crossing the road, and notice that the guy is wearing some very awesome shoes - Then right at that point, that still image of the trees, the road, the couple, the guys shoes, the cars on the road, the formation of clouds and what I can see of my friend in the periphery of my vision - I think, 'I've seen all this before...' and I'm sure I've dreamt it. It's so freaky.
You just gave me chills down my back.

I occassionally get deja-vu (I think everyone does) but its gone just as fast as it comes. It's like everything kind of comes together a certain way at a certain place in time and BAM, but then its gone.

Tags
def leppard , iron maiden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode