Went to the symphony tonight . . . - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Went to the symphony tonight . . .

And I was just inspired by the beauty and the fluidity of the music and I wanted to tell you all about it. The theme of the concert was "good relations" and the conductor had chosen pieces from composers eclipsed by their more famous parent/sibling/offspring.

Included were symphonies from two of J. S. Bach's sons, Wilhelm Friedemann Bach and Johann Christian Bach. The concert highlight was the Toy Symphony by Leopold Mozart (Wolfgang's father), which featured kids playing toy instruments and whistles. ( According to Wikipedia, Leopold also included gunfire, ad lib whoops and whistles, barking dogs, and a hurdy-gurdy in his compositions.)

Anyway, it really inspired me. I love any type of live music in this age of records, from rock n' roll guitar to soaring violin strings. I had my harp in my pocket and went out in the street at intermission and blew some blues.

I encourage all of you to check out some different live music any chance you get, not just the stuff you normally listen to. Life's short and there are few chances for your ears to enjoy that kind of beauty. --Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:30 AM

Re: Went to the symphony tonight . . .

been to the Chicago symphony orchestra a few times. Amazing everytime. The acoustics and beauty are amazing! No CD quality recording can compare to the audio of the live hall.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:08 AM

Re: Went to the symphony tonight . . .

That sounds great. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do I order UFC tonight
the tonight show chickenfoot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode