What do you do when you see a fake on Evil bay? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

What do you do when you see a fake on Evil bay?

When I see a suspicious item on the bay or simply a Chibanez that the seller says its th eultimate metal weapon or whatever and it cost like 2000 new but he is willing to sell it with no reserve what do you do?

Me? I bid a ridiculous ammount of money like 7.50 or 8.70 usd$ if the uction is like 100 I put 102.50....a watch it for my amusement...
Sometimes I send a question to the seller telling him that if its made in Kora China or Japan..... you should see the answers I get Hilarious!

So what do you do....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 07:56 PM

Re: What do you do when you see a fake on Evil bay?

I send a polite question informing him what it is and that I'll report it if he doesnt relist it as a chianese 333 because he cant relist it as a 'fake jem'.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 PM

Usually politely contact the seller then file a report with **** if the seller doesnt respond or responds negatively
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 PM

i usually do nothing but think, if ppl would buy that, i could sell a ps3 box for 3k lol
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 18

I laugh when I see some fools placing multiple bids on a fake guitar.

Jimmy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 PM

i just did one a while ago. I informed the buyer that it was fake and then told the seller. He did nothing and reported him.

Anyway somebody called "fakeJembuster" bid it up to a couple grand and then the seller e-mailed me back screaming telling me that I ruined his sale.
lol
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
i usually do nothing but think, if ppl would buy that, i could sell a ps3 box for 3k lol
Did you see **** the day those were released? I watched one go for over $5k. Another went for $14000, but there were obviously shills and bogus bidders on that one (although it was fun to watch it leap by thousands within 5 seconds)

They were going for 3-5k easy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 11:40 PM

I...um...don't buy it, then I go about my day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode