What is MLB thinking? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

What is MLB thinking?

This thread isn't about politics, it's about sports.
I am incensed that MLB would even consider the possibility of starting the World Series late in order to placate someone who is running for office, no matter the party they belong too.
It doesn't matter to me if The WS get to the 6th game or not.

Would the SuperBowl push back its time for something like this?
Would the World Cup push back it's soccer games for something like this?

I don't think so.

Last edited by michblanch; 10-16-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Re: What is MLB thinking?

I agree if they did it then I would call bull****. However, I see them doing it for one of them but not the other.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

MLB pushes back World Series Game 6:

NEW YORK (AP)—Major League Baseball has agreed to push back the start time of a potential World Series Game 6 by eight minutes to allow Democrat Barack Obama to purchase a half-hour of air time on the Fox network.

Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said Thursday that the game time would now be set for 8:35 p.m.

The Obama presidential campaign said Oct. 9 that it had bought the 8-8:30 p.m slot on CBS and NBC.

“Fox will accommodate Senator Obama’s desire to communicate with voters in this long-form format,” network spokesman Lou D’Ermilio said in a statement. “We are pleased that Major League Baseball has agreed to delay the first pitch of World Series Game 6 for a few minutes in order for Fox to carry his program on Oct. 29. If requested, the network would be willing to make similar time available to Senator McCain’s campaign.”

The World Series has not gone to a sixth game since 2003.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

thinking about ratings and sponsors.

if they thought about fans the games would be in the afternoon or early evening... glen
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post

if they thought about fans the games would be in the afternoon or early evening... glen
I totally agree. As a teacher (and now someone with kids) these games are on too late for even not-so-little "little guys" to see. They do, however, come in on monday talking about football.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post

Great point. Over the last few years I have had to argue with the wife in order to let my son stay up late enough to watch the games.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Golden Rule - He who has the Gold makes the rules. Money talks and bull**** walks.

Say it how you want to but if you have the cash to spread around folks will listen.

Early on both them agreed to take public money for their campaign. Only one of them kept their word on that subject. Now one of them has way more money to spread around and folks are listening. Not withstanding a major screw up by one side or another the party that spends the most money will win.

I am writing myself in when I vote. I hope you all vote for CosmicDebris for Pres.

My platform is Beer and hookers for everyone.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
Golden Rule - He who has the Gold makes the rules. Money talks and bull**** walks.

Say it how you want to but if you have the cash to spread around folks will listen.

Early on both them agreed to take public money for their campaign. Only one of them kept their word on that subject. Now one of them has way more money to spread around and folks are listening. Not withstanding a major screw up by one side or another the party that spends the most money will win.

I am writing myself in when I vote. I hope you all vote for CosmicDebris for Pres.

My platform is Beer and hookers for everyone.
Hell, when you see that you got one vote in Nebraska you can thank me. I've been waiting for a "hookers and beer" platform...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM

I thank you for your support.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 AM

mlb is thinking that people are going to watch obama's speech and not the world series and their advertisers would not be happy with that!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm voting for Cosmic!

When do I get beer and hookers?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
I'm voting for Cosmic!

When do I get beer and hookers?
After I inspect them for quality control.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 PM
MFB

I keep thinking this says "What is MFB thinking?" and everytime I come in I remember and think "Damn, not quite yet"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode