what yall think ??? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

what yall think ???

evening.ok so im kinda stuck,i got 4 guitars which is to many i got RG655 which i love n never want to sell,i got jem bfp which im swapping for a les paul and i got a 2005 fender usa strat which i bought yesterday for bargain price of 550£,also i got rg3270 prestige which i got up for sale even though i think its one of best guitars ive ever played.ive made my mind up all i want is 3 guitars,rg655 les paul, usa strat,3 great guitars then im done selling buying.BUT im struggling to shift this rg3270,i messaged guitar guitar store and they offered me 500£ off any guitar in store for my rg3270,only guitar i fancy is a sienna sunburst 2012 fender usa strat which they want 999£ for.what yall recon my rg3270+£499 for the usa strat which is brand new ????.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:45 PM

You swapped a bfp for a les paul and ask if you should swap your prestige for a strat?? Man, you are asking in the wrong forum.

I understand the want to have those different sounds available, but whenever most of us here have the money to buy a new guitar we end up buying an Ibanez. Not logical if you want those different sounds, but from every other aspect it's the best damn thing to do.
And I guess you already know yourself about being done selling buying: we buy stuff and when we finally have it, after a while, we want something new.
Jemerator is online  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: what yall think ???

What yall think???

I think robrg655 should learn to punctuate.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
What yall think???

I think robrg655 should learn to punctuate.
ahhhh grammar police eh haha,ya knew what i was talking about yall all whats difference.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemerator View Post
You swapped a bfp for a les paul and ask if you should swap your prestige for a strat?? Man, you are asking in the wrong forum.

I understand the want to have those different sounds available, but whenever most of us here have the money to buy a new guitar we end up buying an Ibanez. Not logical if you want those different sounds, but from every other aspect it's the best damn thing to do.
And I guess you already know yourself about being done selling buying: we buy stuff and when we finally have it, after a while, we want something new.
haha,yea well rg655,les paul,strat, 3 very different sounding guitars.if i was to only have 1 it would be the rg655,ive played ibanez guitars 22 years,but ill have choose of 3 different guitars instead of having loads of same make.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrg655 View Post
evening.ok so im kinda stuck,i got 4 guitars which is too many ....
I believe you may have taken a severe blow to the head, seek medical assistance.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

haha well 4 is to many for me jim lol,i think 3 i mentioned is enough 3 very different guitars.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:12 AM

Reviews: 21

I'm at 7 and while I could afford another I'm constantly stopping myself. Diminishing returns I guess and my head keeps thinking that money is better spent elsewhere.
I'm sometimes tempted to take it down to 3 or 4 just for the sake of making life easier maintenance wise - but I always find a reason to NOT get rid of a guitar.
While that RG3270 sounds sweet that might be the one to go if you're looking for that kind of variety.
If it were me though I'd ditch the LP and Strat and buy more RG's.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:21 AM

Reviews: 6

I've got 2 electric guitars + 1 acoustic 12-string guitar and one amp, I'm fine with this since many years!

People with more than 4-5 guitars shoud seek for medical assistance! lol
But seriously, what's the purpose of having 5 + guitars: collecting, or playing all of them or something else?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_jr View Post
But seriously, what's the purpose of having 5 + guitars: collecting, or playing all of them or something else?
My wife asks this same question.
Honestly to me its sound. Different configurations, different features, different woods, different fretboards, different pickups. Each guitar sounds and plays a bit different from the next. I stick to RG's so some might say the difference is negligible but I notice them when I'm playing.
RobRG655 in the OP has more of a spectrum of differences between and Ibanez RG, a Gibson LP, and a Fender Strat. Very different animals.
And I do play all of mine.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:37 PM

Reviews: 6

Mike, ok you play all of them but to me I tried to gather all I wanted in 2 electrical guitars which suffice in any situation (home studio, actual studio or gig/concert).
I bet I would find other wood/pups/body types combinations I like but I've not been educated in such a way to buy stuff for the pleasure of buying it, I mean for expensive stuff. (for pickups I did that just a bit)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 04:23 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I think if you have a double-locking trem axe then you automatically need another if gigging that is obvious but just for "pickup and play" probably want a hardtail or a blocked trem axe handy at all times. I mean what is more annoying then having to spend time tuning a floater when you have 20-min free time to jam and everything is wonky from the temperature/humidity change.

Leaving out the hoarders/collectors from the discussion, if space/storage is not an issue the better question to ask is why limit yourself to two electric guitars? Even similar ones you might want one tuned 1/2 step flat, another with 10s, etc. I know there are sometimes my RG421 (MIJ fixed bridge) is a struggle to play with 10s and other times it plays itself...I can't be the only one who this happens to. It's not trivial to change string gauges & setup the axe accordingly... glen
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:49 AM

My only vastly different guitar is the DT-200 Destroyer. It's a hardtail with a big mahogany body and a 24 3/4" scale 22 fret neck with a fatter neck profile. I put in a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a Humbucker from Hell in the neck spot. My thinking with this guitar is it's closer to a more classic rock / metal sound I think from the late 70's and early 80's.
The logic behind the RG's:
The RG3EXQM1: fixed bridge with a TZ bridge and PAF Pro neck. Cheap as hell guitar. My first fixed bridge too. Still plays great, loads more sustain, and reliable like Glen said on gigs being fixed bridge.
The RG570. The gold standard as far as I'm concerned. Bubinga striped super wizard. Original Edge. I'm not keen on pickup rings though. TZ - HS3 - PAF Pro pickups. I think she's going to need a refret soon though.
RG1570. I bought it as a modern "clone" to the RG570 but I like the direct mounted pickups. I might have sold this one off if the Edge Pro was still in production. I love this trem and like the thicker Prestige Wizard profile sometimes. TZ- Pro Track - Breed pickups. This and the RG570 I think are the closest I have to two guitars being exactly "alike."
RG550. Front routed. I can hear my picking "pop" better on a front route. Original Edge. Evo pickups. My only maple board too. I really dig maple boards too.
RG7321. The one with the Gibraltar style bridge. Blaze pickups. I like having at least one seven string. I miss having a trem seven though. If there's one guitar I could have back it would be the RG7620VK. Oh well....
And lastly the RG921. Great fixed bridge. I love the stock Dimarzio/IBZ pickups but I also bought a set of 36th Anniversary Dimarzios I've been going back and forth on putting in this one. If I had cash to throw away I'd get another RG921 or RG920 to put the 36ths in and leave this one stock but that kind of seems wasteful too. The 36ths would look awesome in it though and give the guitar more of a classic rock slant I think.
Anyway, that's how I see it. Lots of cheap guitars in my collection but I like the variety.

Last edited by mike570; 06-21-2016 at 08:57 AM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:25 AM

I play a Jem, a Strat with singles, a PRS CU24, and an old Ibanez FA-100 (Gibson ES-175 copy). I have an RG-550 but it doesn't get a ton of play anymore as I prefer the Jem carve neck. So the 4 I play are all different enough, but I could make do with the hollow body and one other if needed.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrg655 View Post
evening.ok so im kinda stuck,i got 4 guitars which is to many i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I believe you may have taken a severe blow to the head, seek medical assistance.
lol...awesome...2 funny Jim

I have 12 guitars - 11 electrics and 1 acoustic - and I would like more guitars...life is short - buy as many nice guitars as you can =) they are like works of art - except you can play your guitar but you can't play your Picasso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode