What are you asking for, for Christmas? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

What are you asking for, for Christmas?

Last years was very expensive around our house. So this year, we all decided that it has to be a homemade Christmas. You can spend money on the materials, but the gift has to be homemade. Took us a good part of the year to pay of the dirt bikes last year.
So we can't really ask for anything in our house this time. But if I were to ask, it would be a GPS that I could take in my truck, and on my Honda CB650.

Curious about our youth around here. Are you asking for a guitar? XBox 360? iPod? Laptop? Lexicon Omega? Shure SM57? 16 channel mixer with built in digital effects? .......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

Re: What are you asking for, for Christmas?

My son has asked for an iPod touch. My daughter asked for a new softball bat. My wife has already played the "you don't have to get me anything this year" card, which all men know is womanese for jewerly.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 PM

My son wants a BC Rich SOB. Daughter hasn't really asked for anything.

I'm kind of hoping for an iPod. I use my son's all of the time, so I think it is time to get one for myself. I'd be happy with some new undershirts too.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Well my mom paid for 200 bucks (WOW! Thanks again if you read this!) of my S540 that I just bought, so that was my Christmas present, and I'm definitely satisfied hahahaha!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM

I'm asking for a Wii, Guitar Hero III, and maybe another game. I get a lot of money from my grandmothers, and I'm going to buy a new iPod with it, as my old one now has a corrupt hard drive that even reformatting won't fix. I dropped it a lot, actually, and I didn't get a case for it until more than a year after I got it. It's actually quite a tough little thing.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Katana View Post
I'm asking for a Wii, Guitar Hero III, and maybe another game. I get a lot of money from my grandmothers, and I'm going to buy a new iPod with it, as my old one now has a corrupt hard drive that even reformatting won't fix. I dropped it a lot, actually, and I didn't get a case for it until more than a year after I got it. It's actually quite a tough little thing.
It's easy to replace the hard drives in the iPods, they are just Toshiba laptop hard drives.

I'm not really wanting or expecting anything this year. It's been a huge one with our wedding, honeymoon, buying a house, and the coming baby. My parents are getting a clothes line seeing as we have a ****ty one at our house that's under five feet high.

I was lucky enough to finally pay off my RG20th a couple of weeks ago, I'm more than happy with that. I also have tickets to see Iron Maiden with my Dad in February too, so plenty of wonderful things coming up.

I will be trying to get a nice rocking chair for my wife though, she really wants one for when baby is born. I think she will like and appreciate that.

I enjoy more finding cool gifts for the people I'm buying for at Christmas.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM

My wife wants a crock pot, so she's getting one The kids are shoppped out at this point, a DS Lite for my son, a 30gig Zune for my oldest daughter, and games for the other two girls for their DS Lites. I think I'm getting a bottle of Patron for myself
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM

I've been saving for a Splawn Quickrod (sold a lot of old stuff), and I'm putting all my money from my 16th birthday towards it. So maybe that will come soon with the help of Chritstmas + some other odd jobs. If so, I'd be one lucky guy.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
My wife wants a crock pot, so she's getting one The kids are shoppped out at this point, a DS Lite for my son, a 30gig Zune for my oldest daughter, and games for the other two girls for their DS Lites. I think I'm getting a bottle of Patron for myself
DS is good stuff. I've definetly been a big fan of patron as well. What do you guys think of the guitar hero games? I think they're fun so long as you don't play it more than your actual guitar. It can help your rythm a bit too.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder View Post
DS is good stuff. I've definetly been a big fan of patron as well. What do you guys think of the guitar hero games? I think they're fun so long as you don't play it more than your actual guitar. It can help your rythm a bit too.
Being a big guitar hero player, and a good one i might add , I realize how much of a "joke" it is but it's still great fun, especially with friends. What's funny though is when non-guitar players say that a certain song is harder to play on guitar hero than on an actual guitar
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Iwas going for a Pocket Pod, then I saw this:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2616729.html?menu=

PERFECT GIFT!

(For those who can't be bothered, it's about a company doing roadkill fluffy toys)

Conversation at home: Me: "Honey, what do you want for Christmas?"

She: "I don't know"

Me: "No really, what do you want?"

She: "I don't know"

I think we've settled on some paving stones for the garden. They're going to be a bugger to wrap.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Katana View Post
Have you seen this video? The ipod isn't tougher than a Blend-Tec!!

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.as...afe&video=ipod

Or how about this one - apparently guitar hero isn't either!

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.as...deo=guitarhero

Enjoy!!

(I'm thinking about asking for a dunlop power brick for christmas . . . )
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 AM

Camera accessories and books on how to use them.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 07:18 AM

i want some new picks! thats about it so far
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 AM

Reviews: 1

My wife would say to me, "You go and get what you want anyway" For her she's pretty tight-lipped about stuff for her. Kids are much easier. I swear, you watch TV with them for 10 minutes, "Ooooh, Daddy, I wanna buy Thaaaaaaat!"
So shopping for the kids, no-brainer. Odds are I'll get the boys some educational stuff and whichever toys are lead paint free..

Tags
guitar players , iron maiden , local music shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

christmas time is here transcription
what did u get for christmas present

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode