whats song is you bar of achevement? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

whats song is you bar of achevement?

what song by who, would u put your "bar" of standards of talent/skill to match or would give u a sence of achivement to beable to play?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: whats song is you bar of achevement?

I think "for the love of God" was the first "hard" song I tried to learn, but there are plenty of other challenging great songs, like plenty of Eric johnson, paul gilbert, petrucci and govan songs that require quite a bit of skill. Just start by playing what you want to play, and what you enjoy playing, and the skill will come to you, because it is what you enjoy. Don't beat yourself up trying to learn a really hard song that you hate lol!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
I think "for the love of God" was the first "hard" song I tried to learn, but there are plenty of other challenging great songs, like plenty of Eric johnson, paul gilbert, petrucci and govan songs that require quite a bit of skill. Just start by playing what you want to play, and what you enjoy playing, and the skill will come to you, because it is what you enjoy. Don't beat yourself up trying to learn a really hard song that you hate lol!
yea same first pick, learnt it long time ago and recently went though 2 goal songs, scarified and black magic by reb beach. looking for more hard 1's that are pro and goal meterial. looking up vai's km pee du wee and brains may's bohemian rhapsody for chord shifts, thick stuff.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Reviews: 1

I think they change as you get better.
My first goal as a teenager was to learn all the Zep stuff I could. My next big goal was copping Van Halen, then Moving Pictures by Rush.
Right now my biggest challenge believe it or not is classical and fingerpicking stuff. For me it's super-hard and a huge goal.

As long as you set a goal to hit you'll become a better player just by trying to get there.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 PM

I'm too lazy to practice songs I won't play in a live setting. My goal is to have fun while playing. That's the best achievement for me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Jason Becker's "Air"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: whats song is you bar of achevement?

For me it would be whatever song gets me the most money from a gig...So if it was Jingle Bells that would be my bar!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
For me it would be whatever song gets me the most money from a gig...So if it was Jingle Bells that would be my bar!
+1
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 04:18 AM

Bucket heads binge or grab was the first song i played all the way through and played it as a school assessment i remember the pride i had and the fun i had ripping out the solo and looking at my teacher pretending i was on stage in front of thousands of people. sounds stupid but my god was it awesome!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 PM

I could never pick one song that show cases my bar of achievement, more like an entire album and once i learned all of Passion & Warfare (except "Alien water kiss&Love secrets") and Alien Love Secrets (except demented voice on "kill the guy with the ball") i definitely felt like that was my bar.

But if i had to pick one song it would be either any song of PAW or Juice, i'm very indecisive on this one lol.

Last edited by vaibag; 03-16-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Tags
bar , goal , standards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode