When Fleas attack. . . (My house) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Gex

When Fleas attack. . . (My house)

Hey, Ive got a real bad problem.

I just picked 3 fleas off my leg, sitting here in my room.

I picked 5 off my legs while watching Magnum P.I. this morning, in a different room far across the house.

They've infested a bathroom in yet ANOTHER far corner of the house, far away from the other two sites. . .they'res about 30 dead fleas sitting on the bathtub, after I sprayed them down with Raid.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING??? WhY DO I HAVE FLEAS!!!!

I HATE fleas passionately. . .I hate them I hate them I HATE THEM.

I dont have ANY pets whatsoever. NONE. They need a host(dont they? I'm certainly not volunteering). . . WHERE IS THE HOST?

I have long hair, so . . naturally. . .IM TERRIFIED OF THEM. I DONT WANT TO START USING DOG SHAMPOO.

Does anyone have any information why these guys are here? We had a problem 6 months ago. . .I bombed the house. . .and I had 6 months of bug free bliss. . . now. . .the bombs were supposed to be effective for 6 months. Right on the dot, they fleas are back and stronger than ever.

Im so mad and frustrated. . I dont know what to do. I can bomb again. . but that wont fix the problem, that will just cure the symptoms. . .they're still here and persistant on becoming residents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 PM

Re: When Fleas attack. . . (My house)

They might have come in on a mouse or something, but that's not important really. You do need to bomb again, and you likely need to buy a better vacuum as well, and use it frequently. You have to get the eggs as well, not just the parents. Read this as well. Good luck!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Gex

Good read, thanks.

Now, Ive got a bowl full of Dawn set up under a nice hot halogen lamp. . .this'll screw 'em hehehehehe. Fall into the trap little ones. . .
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 01:16 AM

Dude, I can understand your frustration.

My question is ....

What are they doing to your guitars? Are they leaving little flea feces on your frets?

Are they hangin out in the cavities that house the electrics? Just kickin back having a Good O'l Time?

Perhaps... your guitar has fleas?....I dunno.

Fleas suck.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man
Dude, I can understand your frustration.

My question is ....

What are they doing to your guitars? Are they leaving little flea feces on your frets?

Are they hangin out in the cavities that house the electrics? Just kickin back having a Good O'l Time?

Perhaps... your guitar has fleas?....I dunno.

Fleas suck.
You're making him paranoid now .

Regards

André

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 AM

I thought this thread was going to have something to do with Red Hot Chilli Peppers, lol

That's bad news mate, makes me feel itchy just thinking about it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:30 AM

I'd be really ticked off
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
I'd be really ticked off
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
rgr

I used to have this problem in NC, especially in a first floor apartment that I had, I think they would come in through the screen door when I would have it open and set up shop on the cats. I got pretty good at getting rid of them, but they always come back in time.

You could move to CO or AZ, no fleas here (or termites either), too dry.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Strap flea collars to your ankles..lol, J/K...

It all has to do with location and the fact that its now spring time and this is when they all hatch, especially if you had a previous investation, they layed eggs in your house and now there all hatching..
It sounds like you have a serious problem and that you need to fumigate your house, and also treat your lawn/yard with a poison called Diazinon, also ring the outside of house with it, this stuff is the best and can be found at your local Home Depot or a store like it.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Yup, one year ago was the "previous investation".

And now its spring, in a humid and hot Dallas, Texas, and hell just broke loose.

Its so bad, I had to pick 3 off my legs on my way to school today, in my car. I even found one last little kamikaze chewing on my arm at the end of school . . .AROUND 3:30. which means he was on me ALL DAMN DAY.

I set off two bombs today, and tossed BORAX all over the place, and we'll see how that goes. The exterminator is coming next Monday (almost a week. . damn damn damn) and I hope this bombs and Borax will hold them off until we can get some serious heavy duty flea killing stuff from the extermination guy.

I'll hit the Home Depot tomorrow for Diazinon. . .and a couple more nukes, im not satisfied. They'res some survivors.

Fortunately, Ive been in my room now for about 5 hours, and not a single flea has graced me with his presence. I'm wearing white jeans to spot them easily, and I check every few minutes. . .still . . .nothing. Beautiful. Im afraid to go into the master bath, which regardless of the bomb, there is still a really high concentration of living fleas. There are a hell of a lot of dead ones. . .but I walked in there to survey and before no time, I was whipping my legs with the empty Borax box. . . it was nasty.

Things seem to be somewhat back to normal in my room though. . .which is good, thats where I sleep. It really disturbs me to have these little bastards running about. . .cant hardly see them. . crawling around, and quickly snatch them or BOING! GONE! off in my hair or my back or something, or just lurking in the damned carpet, waiting for their next move.

Eat the Borax you little freaks. . . ugh. . .its starting to look like Joe's Apartment around here, the've spread all over the house. (although, my room seems to be *secure*)

My house is on a Pier-And-Beam foundation. . .I think they are coming from UNDERNEATH the master bathroom, where there are now about 200 dead fleas lying about on the bathtub (big bathtub too) There's gotta be some rats or something down there I dont know. I went around and took the vent covers off the house, so the underside of the house will be open and hopefully the fleas will jump out and run around outside instead of though the hallways.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode